Mad Men

JayIvory

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tonights episode ranks up there as one of the best Madmen eps to date.

"I wanna take you in that room, throw you on the bed, rip your clothes off with my teeth, and give you a go-around like you never had before"

.................................................. ..............................................-Duck to Peggy Olson, Madmen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season finale, on tonight.

This will be the first time i've watched an entire season of a show since i was a teenager.

If you could find any imperfections in this season of Mad Men, I don't even know what to think. This season has simply been flawless. And any bs about it moving slow...fuck I'm gonna have to say that a comment like that means that a person just doesn't get Mad Men.

I loved every episode, the script was excellent. The camera work was magnificent. The acting work by the entire cast was on a level I never even seen in oscar award wining movies. Every actor is in character even in the most minor of roles. most importantly it's the subtle nuances of every scene, from transitions to the way the pour a drink. Every aspect of this show is stylisticly, visually, and intellectually pleasing to most of my senses.

Season finale was amazing. Going to have to agree with Sayword's bewilderment that people could think that it has been 'slow'. The surmounting cringe-worthy domestic issues and increasingly strained relationship between Betty and Don along with Don's own character development have corresponded well with the pace of the episodes. Although I wouldn't go as far as to say that this season has been flawless, it has indeed been an amazing one that really demonstrates the great writing and acting (cast chemistry is spectacular).

Curious to see how Betty's future is to pan out in the new season. Especially her new relationship keeping in mind her own glaring flaws and character decay.

Why you think that? Betty kind of pissed me off.

I'm just tryin to say that the guy never changes. He got his job at Sterling-Cooper because of his father's involvement in the business, and now on the very first day of his part of the new company he happens to be faking sick. He's never been quite right with the rest of the people on the show, which is interesting to me.

All I'm saying is that we haven't seen the last of the problems with Pete Campbell.

the shot of her on the bus makes me think it's all going to go to shit very quickly. wherein she will come running back to don.

On the plane? Agreed on the seemingly inevitable breakdown, don't know about it happening on the quick though. I think she'll start to realize what Don was saying about her childishness/immaturity and try to work at it for a bit.

I'm just tryin to say that the guy never changes. He got his job at Sterling-Cooper because of his father's involvement in the business, and now on the very first day of his part of the new company he happens to be faking sick. He's never been quite right with the rest of the people on the show, which is interesting to me.

All I'm saying is that we haven't seen the last of the problems with Pete Campbell.

That seems to be the point of having Pete in the show/cast. He's the essential foil of Don Draper. His character, to me, really makes the show a bit more realistic. We've all dealt with brown-nosers like trying to reach the top on the quick. Vincent's acting has been top-notch though.

And must I remind everyone of this gem:

2m6saz4.jpg

But yeah, I'm sure the new company will see a problem or two arise out of his involvement. Doubtful of anything as significant as his attempt to fuck over Don, the company as a whole is sure to run into bigger things.