kamida leather

mizanation

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

demonito, it's not about getting something cheaper.

kamida-san makes high-quality custom-made leather goods.

it's actually cheaper to get the stuff from redmoon since they outsource in china.

but if you want something custom-made to your specifications, order from kamida-san.

demonito, it's not about getting something cheaper.

kamida-san makes high-quality custom-made leather goods.

it's actually cheaper to get the stuff from redmoon since they outsource in china.

but if you want something custom-made to your specifications, order from kamida-san.

yeah, that is what's up right there!

they are made to fit my wrist, no worrying about sizing, plus they don't have the HUGE branding on them that the redmoon version has

• 1 month later...

basically, yes, since he does this for living for quite some time as far as I know

kamida bracelet after about a month of wear, no tanning, oiled once

rr10lc.jpg

thanks buddy :D

been a hell of a day though, after succesfully reserving a case of westvleteren, a stone from a truck knocked out my carwindow and my 400R are in Holland... :mad:

• 2 months later...

introducing the first of kamida-san's new godsland wallet line. "godsland" is the literal meaning of kamida-san's name--"kami" means god and "da" means land. it's also a reference to the islands of the ryukyus, commonly known as okinawa. okinawa is a very spiritual place and these wallets are a tribute to kamida-san's home.

i am very honored to receive the first of these new wallets!

there are some new details in this wallets that are not seen in any other wallet, so he is pretty proud of these.

first, the fabric used is called "chibana ori." it's a traditional hand-woven fabric that comes from okinawa city, kamida-san's hometown. the process and design of the fabric is hundreds of years old. they still hand-dye and hand-weave the fabric in okinawa city, according to the ancient ways.

second, for the first time in any wallet, he is exposing on the outside the rough, unfinished side of the leather--similar to the roughout boots made famous by steve mcqueen. the rough surface develops a very different patina than smooth leather and favorably accepts many different leather treatments including mink oil, leather balm and leather conditioners.

thirdly, there is no concho and there is no metal from the inside of the wallet. the snap fastener is covered in leather, so no metal is exposed when snapped shut. kamida-san prefers the simplicity of having no exposed metal in the wallet, with the focus being on the beauty of the fabric and the leather.

here are the pics. enjoy!

receiving the wallet from kamida-san.

1.jpg

2.jpg

here he is branding the wallet.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

the key holder has chibana ori fabric sewn into it.

9.jpg

a close-up of the hand-woven, hand-dyed chibana ori fabric. the pattern is a traditional pattern that has been around for hundreds of years and has a very beautiful meaning.

the alternating five box and four box shapes means, "itsu no yoh made mo" which roughly translates to "i will always be with you." fabrics with this pattern were given to loved ones who had to travel far away from home. the indigo is dyed several times to attain a rich color. this is also symbolic of the deepness of one's love for their departed loved one.

14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

look what i got in the mail today!!

th_IMG_1326.jpg

zoom in on the pressed logo

th_IMG_1328.jpg

th_IMG_1329.jpg

th_IMG_1337.jpg

th_IMG_1331.jpg

th_IMG_1339.jpg

th_IMG_1343.jpg

im really happy on how it turned out, size wise. I didnt want a long wallet but i like the format of it so i asked for a mid length. kamida-san really does high quality job! props to miznation who is so helpful and just an all round great guy :D

im really happy on how it turned out, size wise. I didnt want a long wallet but i like the format of it so i asked for a mid length. kamida-san really does high quality job! props to miznation who is so helpful and just an all round great guy :D

hey kino, glad you liked the stuff. i liked that keychain thing so much that i had him make me one too. :)

• 3 weeks later...