Montreal Meetup?

ogre

ha, cool

going to apply there for something or other. i'm really late on this shit.

McGill is an english speaking ghetto, you'll do fine. Hope you enjoy North face jackets and people drinking their first beer(s) at 20 vomiting all over you.

i'm guessing now is too late?

had my xmas party last Thursday, we started off the afternoon playing rock band at a coworker's place. drank quite a few beers and some disgusting 2-3oz shot of jagger...

arrived at the restaurant at ~7, partied until 3h30 am and i only remember a few flash for that 8h30... shit is getting out of control, don't really understand how can you function for that long and not remember anything.

spoke with max last week-end, wanted to set up something before xmas, but looks like i was too busy... let's do boxing day instead !!!

Yo, your friends live in a sketchy area, some dude cruising in his car offered me a lift cause I had "pretty lips".

Yo, your friends live in a sketchy area, some dude cruising in his car offered me a lift cause I had "pretty lips".

are we talking about the rock band fest that ended up in a snowstorm??

you know, i thought we were going to a club, not some random's dude house (sorry about that by the way). and being that it's actually pretty much in the middle of the gay village, i'm not too surprised ;)

oh and i have no idea whose house it was and i knew maybe 5 there....

oh well, i'm sure you survived the experience ;)

hey guys

i don't speak french and don't plan on learning

is mcgill a bad idea?

yeah, like others have said before, most mcgill students don't speak french and don't ever leave the ghetto except to go to the airport to fly back to toronto so i'm sure you'll so fine

i lived in montreal for half a year and i odnt speak french.

the trick is leanring one or two sayings that you can throw down at any time so people will at least think youre trying to learn. but once they see how pathetic your accent is, they will immediately accomodate your anglo ass.

the city is awesome. id move back if i was bilingual. being anglo kinda hurts the employment options. but students dont have to worry about that usually.

• 2 months later...
weren't they supposed to open like 7 years ago. they put it out the way too.

i am kind of in shock the new taz is finally gonna open. it took so long i had completely forgot about it...

and yeah, it's kinda out of the way, but i wish it would have been there earlier as i went to cegep 5 min from there and would have been so dope to have a skate park right next to school...

• 1 month later...

yoooo...

I need a roommate for my new apt. It's located on st-denis corner of laurier (so like 2 minutes from the metro). It's quite a dope place.

If anyone's interested then hit me up and we can discuss.

otherwise we'd be due for some kind of spring meetup!

yoooo...

I need a roommate for my new apt. It's located on st-denis corner of laurier (so like 2 minutes from the metro). It's quite a dope place.

If anyone's interested then hit me up and we can discuss.

otherwise we'd be due for some kind of spring meetup!

spring meetup next saturday, expect a mail from max soon ;)

• 3 weeks later...

^^ summer.., city starts sounding interesting again :cool:

anything good going on in mtl for the long weekend

are you coming down?! also, are you coming with gfunk?

it'd be time for some meet up, drinking, chilling, talk shitting, etc

ill in town for the weekend.

chilling with that mcgill indian homeboy.

driving this time

-U&I

-ikea

-what else is there to do this weekend?

im leaving right now

wearing

-supreme championship new era

-supreme summer plaid l/s

-navy dickies

-vans era

-sag x dqm bag

holla

max and i are going to animal collective tonight, not sure if i'll do something after as i'm tired...

we may have beers beforehand though if you're interested

the gf wants to bring me to this contemporary dance show her friend is doing tomorrow night and i'd love a reason to get out of it so let's do something tomorrow night.

writing here is pointless if you left already, but i'm not sure if you have your mobile #

will check...

Guest Montreal

Are there any new shops in Montreal or anything like that? What's the deal with the store on Prince Arthur about a block west of St Laurent? They have some YSL's in the display and they have a bunch of what looks like Lanvins and Diors for sale as well. Are they legit?

/\

duo is wack but I guess they stock trendy brands. dunno, I never go as I ain't down with d&g wearing clowns.

you haven't been there for awhile ;)

the old store is complete eurotrash garbage, mostly D-Squared and D&G. However, the new store (between the old one and st-laurent) has some really really cool stuff (albeit overpriced, but let's face it, it's the same everywhere in montreal). they carry Lanvin, MMM and Raf (as well as Neil Barret and Marc Jacob and some other stuff i'm not really into) so i think it's worth the visit, especially since it's next to U&I

Probably going to some guy's brthday party tonight but if it's boring holla at me.

Contemporary dance can be quite interesting (or a nightmare), what show is this?

anyone wanna watch the celtics game on sundayyyyyy, it's at 8

i'm down, hope i don't have to work on monday...

Probably going to some guy's brthday party tonight but if it's boring holla at me.

Contemporary dance can be quite interesting (or a nightmare), what show is this?

not too sure what is it exactly, but sorta manage to get out of it (may have to go tomorrow afternoon)