Montreal Meetup?

ogre

• 2 months later...
I'm probably going to see Aoki and Uffie with Kasper and Mass this friday.

i plan on visiting montreal this week and the aoki/uffie show is an awesome surprise..do you know what venue this is at or where i can get tickets? i checked aoki's myspace and all it says is that its a peer pressure show, no venue listed and uffie's myspace has no mention of the show at all..

i plan on visiting montreal this week and the aoki/uffie show is an awesome surprise..do you know what venue this is at or where i can get tickets? i checked aoki's myspace and all it says is that its a peer pressure show, no venue listed and uffie's myspace has no mention of the show at all..

from the facebook invitation i've seen, it says that the show is at coda club, tickets are on sale only at the door, which sucks cause coda is a fucking small club ...

anyway, 12$ before 11

15$ after

ahha its actually at coda.

friday at coda means there'll also be a bunch of worthless student jocks there who have no idea who aoki/uffie are.

probably more so than hot AA hipster sluts, unfortunatly.

quite disappointing..but answer me this, how big is this place? will it def sell out? the facebook event thingy says that theres about 630something confirmed guests. granted not all these people are actually going to come, but perhaps the place'll fill up with people who actually care before these jocks show up

quite disappointing..but answer me this, how big is this place? will it def sell out? the facebook event thingy says that theres about 630something confirmed guests. granted not all these people are actually going to come, but perhaps the place'll fill up with people who actually care before these jocks show up

it's small, 630 peoples would never fit in there.

i haven't been there too often, but my experiences are quite different than of chub rock. the times i have been there, it was ultimate hipster central (not that it's a good thing, but whatever....), very fitting crowd for a uffie and aoki thing

wheter it's gonna sold out fast or not, i can't really tell. the montreal crowd is weird sometimes, like some times, you'll have 1000 ppl in line already at 10 while other times you go see something that you thought would be as popular and it's not very full.

Did anyone go to Coda last night? I walked by the lineup and it was too intimidating, went to pistol instead.

Hey Mtlers, how hard is it to get a job in Montreal without fluent french? I am considering moving there for the summer, but will need some source of income. I plan on getting tutoring in the next few months to help me brush up my skills, but I doubt I'll be able to speak very well by the time I get there.

what kind of job are you looking for?

whether or not it will hard really depend on what you want to do, it'll range from being really easy to a little difficult, but convincing people that you're working hard to learn french can work on your favor as well.

Well, if youre not too picky, perhaps a call center job would be good for you. montreal is the telemarketting capital of the world and there are a few offices that are actually OK to work in (legit). those are really easy to come by and for the most part offer salaries well above minimum wage.

Now, if you're a career person, what Kasper said really does apply. Taking some french lessons is definitely a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

dj shadow

next tuesday

ima leave the states around 3PM and should be there around 5PM.

hoping to hit up U&I before the show

i will see some of you nigs there