Nudie jeans, drier than meets the eye.....

Noddy

Nudie have been coming up with some interesting (coated) dry denim that can fade into some different worn in effect..... for eg.

thin_finn_ultra_indigo.jpg

Thin Finn Ultra Indigo Coated

nudie_jeans_thin_finn_dry_black_coa.jpg

Thin Finn Dry Black Coated

long_john_dirty.jpg

Long John Dirty Stretch

It's really a nice change from normal dry denim.... anyone have already broken into anyone of these? I read somewhere that the Thin Finn Ultra Indigo Coated will fade into a beautiful blue leathery like wash :)

I like the unbleached weft, so that when it breaks in there is a yellowish thread underneath. I am quite perplexed as to why Japanese denim brands don't use an unbleach cotton for the weft.

I was at the Julian Red shop yesterday. They've got this new black/black denim made in a small japanese town famous for its denim in a very limited run (guess they made like 50-60 pairs) of the new model D2. Man were they intense! Uber-tight weave with like sort of a sheen to it and an extreme density to it! Gotta get em...

what are those jeans coated with?

I've not seen these jeans in the flesh yet, but they are most likely coated with a PU based resin mixed with indigo and/or sulphur dye (black). This can be applied in various ways by dipping or spraying either at the fabric stage or after the jeans has been sewn. At a guess, these have been coated by the fabric mill.

It's a development in denim that's been led by european mills, and produces some very interesting colour nuances.

The orange bath is a tint that will colour the weft yarns, (the orange won't show up on the darker warp) and as the photo implies, the results, after wear will have a dirty look.

i've got the ultra indigo coateds, worn them for maybe 20-25 times now. it fades a lot quicker than i thought i would, as ive already seen a couple of well worn dry black coateds that don't fade at all. the colour coming through is almost electric blue, i think the contrast will be pretty sick in the long run.

too bad i don't give them a lot of wearing time, mainly because theyre just a bit too tight for everyday wear and i like the denim on my prps a lot more.

i'll post pics of the faded parts in a couple of days

i've got the ultra indigo coateds, worn them for maybe 20-25 times now. it fades a lot quicker than i thought i would, as ive already seen a couple of well worn dry black coateds that don't fade at all. the colour coming through is almost electric blue, i think the contrast will be pretty sick in the long run.

too bad i don't give them a lot of wearing time, mainly because theyre just a bit too tight for everyday wear and i like the denim on my prps a lot more.

i'll post pics of the faded parts in a couple of days

Cool.. i just got my ultra indigo as well... i love the fit of thin finn.... if everything as it will be.. it will be a cool pair of leathery blue black rocker jeans....