The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Xpost from Denimasa thread

d2_zpsb4c725de.jpg

These are truly a thing of beauty!

It takes some real dedication to break-in such a slubby denim.

The photo composition & lighting really do the jeans justice. 

It's all in the presentation. IMO.

Edited by Wörn75

x-post from LVC thread. some more pics over there. 

here's my LVC 501 '47 at 120days/4months with 4 hot soaks (2 initial, then 2 every 2 months). they are coming along well although i have to say these are my slowing fading jeans to date. 

LVC-47_4Mths-1-1.jpg

LVC-47_4Mths-2-1.jpg

^ cander49

What a beautiful denim evolution seen here!!

I can't stop watching those strongest fadings and wear and tear reflecting millions of stories in them.

Please update a back side pick of them too.

And never ever throwing them away.

Keep them alive for ever.

They deserve it and have reached the HolyGrail Status by far

And Kevincep

Your jeans are looking great already too!!! Awesome whiskers and combs!

Rock them hard and keep us updated on them

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

awesome item. Would buy it ig would heöavme more money!!!

X-post from Ooe's thread

Real final update on the contest jeans...

ivsZ2l9R6jHL5.JPG

iSMo5e0zY7viS.JPG

iZtG8rkNQdTgK.JPG

ibjoY9XMXMIbJr.JPG

After the contest, I still wear it on the weekend for the rest of the year 2014.

Will now hang dormant indefinitely till I feel like wearing it again.

@stukovx those are gonna be real nice with some more wear and wash.

After Googling > PBJ XX-012 > Images, this jean or other PBJ models with the same denim, quickly made it to the top of my "Next Jeans" list.

Thanks!  B)

UB 201

10 months effective wear 

3 soaks

1 machine wash

*I haven't worn these for a long time now.

**Pretty damn close to actual color. No flash or filters. 

**The washing machine caused all those crazy lightning bolt looking vertical fades.

--->  My thrasher jeans...for working in the garage or cleaning around the house  <---

if26ox.jpg

Good for $82 pair of 14.5oz Japanese raw sanforized selvedge denim

zxnt49.jpg

Crooked stitching on patch...but who cares? No one is looking at the stitching on the patch

xmlh8p.jpg

The 14.5oz denim is actually pretty nice. Recommended to someone new to raw denim jeans

1zgxdz6.jpg

Nice fading at the knee. I like that the fades are white and not all dirty looking

352hu0x.jpg

Edited by Wörn75

Update on Diesel Tepphar Turbo denim, progress and fit. Haven't been counting the days but I think they must have had 110 days of wear approximately. They fade fast, the pictures don't really show the difference between the earlier pics, but it is significant. For one there is a hole starting on the pocket my wallet sits in. Trying to avoid a rip by wearing my wallet in the other pocket now.

Front
16416725501_319fec70de_c.jpg

Back
16232271369_90344300a0_c.jpg[/url]

Fit front
16416727441_f7478d6efc_c.jpg
16417554202_3d4ab3372a_c.jpg

Fit Back
16230908268_3f41c71266_c.jpg

@xchen Thanks but no, but we take pride in our dangerous stairs http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2012/09/02/no-35-impossibly-steep-stairs-aka-the-death-trap/

@xchen Thanks but no, but we take pride in our dangerous stairs http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2012/09/02/no-35-impossibly-steep-stairs-aka-the-death-trap/

nice, keep rocking your euro steez with the euro-slim jeans and rail-less dutch death stairs!  i like it!

Edited by ironheartfan123

By no means have I ever been a regular around here, and it's been a long time since I've posted anything. After doing some closet organizing this weekend, decided I wanted to post some of the jeans I've been wearing over the last 5 or so years. The photos suck; I don't have a good camera.

6HGHq6K.jpg

ilDOk7N.jpg

501xx / 508 Rigid / 1947 501xx / ROYs (RS1? Whatever he was selling through his website back in the day)

Both 501s I have and continue to wear in the field as a geologist... In fact I wore them both through my university undergrad, grad and summer work too.  I wash them often, spin cycle, usually too lazy to turn inside out... I couldn't even tell you how many times. The 47s were washed twice this week alone. I do home improvement and paint in them too. Comfy as all hell. Still give the 1947s casual wear, the standard XX not so much.

The 508s are office jeans that have had light field days on occasion. They look more faded in person.

The ROYs I still like to wear casually, especially cottaging.  I take them camping too. Never felt right working in them, I guess because they were the only ones of the group that didn't cost $30. 

Clearly I'm not getting mad 3d combs. I love the natural look on all these pairs though. 

Edited by toxikon

Mp201

Wow what a hardcore 32 oz raw denim lover

I admire your raw denim love given to such a monster beast

Rock them the hardcore way for ever

By no means have I ever been a regular around here, and it's been a long time since I've posted anything. After doing some closet organizing this weekend, decided I wanted to post some of the jeans I've been wearing over the last 5 or so years. The photos suck; I don't have a good camera.

6HGHq6K.jpg

ilDOk7N.jpg

501xx / 508 Rigid / 1947 501xx / ROYs (RS1? Whatever he was selling through his website back in the day)

Both 501s I have and continue to wear in the field as a geologist... In fact I wore them both through my university undergrad, grad and summer work too.  I wash them often, spin cycle, usually too lazy to turn inside out... I couldn't even tell you how many times. The 47s were washed twice this week alone. I do home improvement and paint in them too. Comfy as all hell. Still give the 1947s casual wear, the standard XX not so much.

The 508s are office jeans that have had light field days on occasion. They look more faded in person.

The ROYs I still like to wear casually, especially cottaging.  I take them camping too. Never felt right working in them, I guess because they were the only ones of the group that didn't cost $30. 

Clearly I'm not getting mad 3d combs. I love the natural look on all these pairs though. 

what are mad 3d combs?  

the roy's are starting to look nice, you should wear them more often!