The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

ladies and gentlemen, last 2 hours of voting for Indigo Roots Denim Contest 2011 - 2012,

Currently 84 have voted!

Place your votes for your favorite contestants!

Contestant #14 Ali_Ilegali Old Blue Co.

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_2820_zpscfae2cd8.jpg

Contestant #41 Saintkeat - Samurai S003JP-A

IMG_3367.jpg

View the contestants now @ http://www.indigoroo....php?board=15.0

PLACE YOUR VOTES NOW @ http://www.indigoroo...php?topic=776.0

Edited by dirtyjack

eternals x BIG, pushing 2 years of moderate wear and a wash every few months. Here are two pics of it against the hardwood floor and a colored rug. For some reason my camera does this automatic color adjustment. The hardwood floor pic is the clearest but it's not accurate in color, the camera darkens it. I think the colored rug confuses the camera and keeps it from messing around with the true color:

eternals12-14-12frontfull_zps86182196.jpg

eternals12-14-12fullfront2_zps833378f1.jpg

and the back:

eternals12-14-12backfull_zpsac7bcd1a.jpg

and a closer look:

eternals12-14-12frontclose_zpsadab7536.jpg

x-post from DENIMASA thread, basic evo, no fantasy or outrageous fades but hope you like it.

info: 2 years, 2 washes with detergent, wash once a year, no soak just wash,

denimasa174_zpsb32e4505.jpg

denimasa163_zpse3935432.jpg

denimasa164_zps611e95e9.jpg

denimasa165_zps36c8ba59.jpg

denimasa167_zps20f8633a.jpg

Edited by denimasa

You can get crotch blowout if you have big thighs that rub together, even if the jeans aren't that tight. It's friction, pure and simple. Conversely, a skinny fella can wear very tight jeans without a blowout because his legs don't rub and there's no friction on the denim.

i know i am bringing this up like three months late, but i have huge thighs and very premature crotch blowout is unavoidable. it has happened to me on cuts ranging from skinny to loose. does anyone else here happen to have a thigh that is noticeably larger than the other? my right thigh from soccer is about two inches bigger around than my left and it generally completely fucks with the fit of any pair of jeans. i haaaate it and there's basically nothing i can do about it.

Sorry for the low-res but I figure I ought to share as they're about unwearable now.

Left Field High Slub(Kuroki). Got these 2010 and wore them through to about June 2012. 1 wash per season.

Definitely got my money's worth of wear and memories in these.

eWDkV.jpg

This was like 3 months in.

DNfXz.jpg

About a year of wear.

S2min.jpgYlII1.jpg

BVaT3.jpg

2 years.

Update: 1 year and 2 months, 1 wash, 3 soaks.

The yellowish stuff on the whiskers is rust, want to get rid of it cause it looks like curry or poop sometimes.

Patch came undone and had these repair by SELA about 1 month ago but need more repairs now.

Looks better under direct sunlight and I hate stacks now

IMG_1132_zps375905d3.jpg?t=1357188959

IMG_1131_zps00ed88fc.jpg?t=1357188939

Edited by noobedloser

Strike Gold 1105

Worn for 2 years

Washed 13 times

Retired.

DSC_0540.jpg

for a guy who has access to so much insane denim , i find it waaay impressive that he dedicates so much time to one pair (or maybe sharing with another pair over the course of 2years). it must get really tempting at times, or maybe you get, shall i say, desensitized to all that amazing denim in your shop. truly amazing SG's tho.

wore these for about 8 months solid

one soak, one sea wash, one hurricane soak (tied them to a pole during hurricane sandy) and one machine wash

lighting kinda sucks, but color is fairly accurate

Pre final wash

wpn5Il.jpg

2lDiFl.jpg

for some reason two circles formed over my right knee

Ebadfl.jpg

Post final wash

inRLwl.jpg

adUVMl.jpg

LXWmWl.jpg

reason for retirement

eV6orl.jpg

2nd pair of raws, turned out better than I expected

they've been on the edge of retirement since I got them, they were only meant to be worn until I could do a real fix on my previous pair of jeans and thought "well, might as well do something if the powers gonna be out for two days"

for some reason two circles formed over my right knee

Ebadfl.jpg

I expect it's not completely mysterious to you where those came from. I personally have no idea where they could be from, but those sorts of fades aren't usually unnoticed when they happen.