The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Strike Gold 1101 @ almost 7months.

Worn 4-5 days a week, mostly just walking around and sitting in class. Haven't worn them much lately.

Going to be washing them soon so i can take them to SE for a crotch repair and hem.

More pictures in the Strike Gold thread.

7658473416_9c434273dd_z.jpg

7658268206_88254b6ac2_z.jpg

xpost from Left Field:

i washed my cone mills broken twill greasers last night after wearing them all day every day since february 20th.

they have been great. over that time period, they stretched over 1" in the waist and about 1/2" in the thigh.

after a hot normal wash in the machine, i put them on momentarily then hung them to dry. they shrunk about 1/2" in the waist and just little bit in the thigh. they came up about 3/4" in the inseam.

they faded beautifully in the lap and thighs and ass and not too much in the honeycombs. i am rather pleased also with the roping from my first ever chainstitch on the shop's union special.

the bandana pocket bags are holding up pretty well. they are only slightly ripped where the corners of my iphone sit 99% of the time. there is some fraying in the crotch which is to be expected. the leather tag got significantly lighter which is cool.

it took about a month to settle in but i love the fit of these. classic 50s look.

IMG_2944.jpg

leftfield.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

haha there's a 36" left. where are you sitting these days? $175 even if i wasn't getting excited myself for the ooe yofuketen contest i'd say they are a good scoop.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Hrm I could swing it. Those are nice and well-loomed broken twill is fast becoming my shit. I'm trying to reserve some #44 with Ooe for after the contest but I'm not hearing back...could be gone :(

You should grab fre-co's spot in that contest while there's still time.

cross post from N&F thread

I posted a pic of my N&F weird guy greencasts a couple weeks ago, around the 1-month mark. I gave them a soft wash around then and they have been starting to show a lot of color. Here they are roughly 2-months of constant wear, wash @ 1 month

2012-08-08_16-49-15_799-1.jpg

2012-08-08_16-49-45_388.jpg

Longtime lurker, figured it was time to make my debut. These are Carhartt Klondike's out of 13OZ Nihon cotton, owned them for a year and wore 'em a lot. Tons of handwashes and several little repairs, looots of life left, great denim for little money.

imgp0301g.jpg

78285835.jpg

Edited by Rik