The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

You bought it new or preowned...evis is so hard to find nowdays in raw new condition. My +rep for rarerity,10 month or ten years.

Thanks, I bought those off a member here that were new but had been given a presoak

Ive collected these 4 over the course of maybe 1.5 years on yahoo.jp. You're right they dont come up that often but with these ive been lucky to find them in my size. Another pair of 2101's, 2 X 2504 and a pair of 2501's.

evis4.jpg

Edited by devilva

s5000ai-10sp @2.5 yrs:

.... equivalent to 14mos effective wear. countless soaks__ still no wash. yeah, yeah, evo on these flows slower than molasses in winter time. but, LUV 'em exactly because of its uniqueness__ not about the fades on these pair. they don't contrast due to the dyed weft. what the denim lack in high contrast fades, it more than make for, in terms of ataris__ tons of vertical falling [from hefty slubs] on high traffic/friction areas.

5000ai3.jpg

'cept for the apparent ataris, the denim amazingly just refuses to yield its ai. even after months of "effective" [medium to light] wear & countless soaks, the denim regains its form & crispness after each soak, as well. the weave, it seems, are drawn even tighter [from the shrunken yarns]. hence, the seersucker-like puckering, like bumps on a "Mogul" ski run.

'wish i could take a more accurate photo of the denim.

5000aiMogul.jpg

5000aiMogul2.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic