The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Just got my forty seven LVC. Soaked it for about ten to twenty minutes in scalding hot water. Now they're drying outside my bedroom window. I'm hoping I get a chance to put them on tomorrow. I measured my waist at just less than thirty inches. The tag size is thirty two by thirty four. I usually wear thirty two at my hips, so we'll see if I can wear them low.

Just got my forty seven LVC. Soaked it for about ten to twenty minutes in scalding hot water. Now they're drying outside my bedroom window. I'm hoping I get a chance to put them on tomorrow. I measured my waist at just less than thirty inches. The tag size is thirty two by thirty four. I usually wear thirty two at my hips, so we'll see if I can wear them low.

I may have misinterpreted this but are they new jeans? If so put them up on the LVC and WAYWT but ull probably get repped down for putting them on this thread (its for jeans that have developed serious fading after longer periods of wear)

Gave my Denime 66XX another machine wash. It really compounded the damage done by the already weakened cotton thread and these jeans are in need of serious crotch, back pocket and other small repairs. My Warehouse 660s seem to have held up better than these.

Anyway, I really dig the Denime denim - it has a ton of character and lots of subtle blues. Check out the gallery in my sig for more overexposed direct sunlight shots :(

v4X08l.jpg

m7Hq7l.jpg

72ySYl.jpg

cSZH7l.jpg

BrIZ8l.jpg

found on Selectism, thought it might be of interest here.

Art historical (denim) discovery? The Master of the Blue Jeans....

Web only

Published online 7 Jul 10

Canesso Gallery in Paris will unveil a series of 17th-century Italian works this September that deal in all things denim. The gallery says that curator Gerlinde Gruber of the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, has discovered the painter whose subjects wear a fetching denim-like material, hence the catchy exhibition title: The Master of the Blue Jeans. "The group of paintings attributed to [the artist] include the recurring presence of a blue cloth, whose white thread weave shows the typical structure of Genoese fabric; its place of origin [Genoa] led to the modern designation of jeans," says the gallery.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I would love to keep wearing these once in a while, even if they are too small in the waist. They do have a lot of life left in them. Where is the best place for professional denim repair in the US these days? I've been out of the loop.

great jeans paul T and amardeep

arcasenal's denime and warehouse 660's kick ass, but as a fair defense for the denim it's obvious that he wears his jeans hard so i don't know of any jeans that would stand up to 13 consistent months of hard wear without several repair issues regardless of what they are stitched with. it's funny to me how everyone loves to complain about weak thread, but not about holes that develop over time(for some of us). you wanna know why? it's cause a worn or torn thread is seen as an annoyance, but a hole is a badge of honor, proof to the rest of the superdenim worn that you have been ''hard-core'', and you rock your 300 boutique jawns like you bought them at sears. someone needs to make kevlar-stitched jeans so cats won't complain. but it will look stupid as shit when your jeans are patched and faded but the arcs and seams are pristine...i just scanned up the page and saw dudes giving each other ass-fades. if they turned around i wonder if they would pose grab each other's.....u know

LVC 1955. Maybe ten months wear. A month or so since their last wash, wearing all the more quickly... I liked them new, and I like them old, probably my fave LVC denim in terms of how it looks good (to me) at every stage of wear.

55front.jpg

55back.jpg

Can anybody say sandpaper? Yeah right. Those look great man.

haha, I wasn't trying to stir the kettle about thread types, just commenting mostly because of my rear pocket stitching. I can't keep my wallet or phone in them anymore because they might slip out the bottom!

Really, I think these wore so hard and so fast because they were almost too small for me for half the time I wore them - that will tear any garment up. But hey, they're just jeans, right :)?

But dudes giving each other ass fades? I don't know about that...

haha, I wasn't trying to stir the kettle about thread types, just commenting mostly because of my rear pocket stitching. I can't keep my wallet or phone in them anymore because they might slip out the bottom!

Really, I think these wore so hard and so fast because they were almost too small for me for half the time I wore them - that will tear any garment up. But hey, they're just jeans, right :)?

But dudes giving each other ass fades? I don't know about that...

oh nah i ain't mad, but forreal my dude if you look at how abused the back pocket of the 660s you posted is, it's easy to tell that even the strongest thread won't hold up to that level of sadism. and yes, wearing a garment too small will shorten its life, no matter how quality that garment is.....anybody out there;)

I hear you.. Intense rear pocket blow outs come from my intense, Costanza wallets, which I've done away with recently. Let's see if the lined pockets in my Ooes will blow the hell out out too.

I'm probably going to sit down after the match tomorrow and start repairs on the Denime's so I can continue to wear them once in a while. Hopefully.