The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Thanks to haptronic, I've got my old account back after a long hiatus away from superfuture. Lost my old posts and such, but here's to a new beginning!

Here are some Denime 66xx @ about 13 months, around 3 washes/dries in the machine so far. They've shrunk, or I've gotten fatter so they are soon to be retired. I know I need some better pictures of these but I was excited to be back and had to share these shots. Check the Picasa link in my sig for a few more shots.

My brother and I have custom pairs of 01XX Ooe Yofukuten coming soon and I hope to keep you all updated on those as well.

Click for originals

V1Rvtl.jpg

vUI3sl.jpg

My favorite:

gAooYl.jpg

My Momotaro 0705SP's after ~6.5 months of everyday wear and 3 consecutive washes after that (Just received my Eternal 811's last week so just chain washed these for fun haha ).Here ya go,

7months3washesconsec.jpg

7months3washes.jpg

seconded, so do those 44lvcs, the denimes, and the apcs. lots of great stuff these last few days. vinneus' jeans will scare people in a few more months, quote me on that.

repairing with the selvage could be seen as contrived, but it can also be seen as using all of the denim even up to it's edge. i hope most of us by now aren't that impressed just by seeing selvage. we all rock it( i hope:o)

seconded, so do those 44lvcs, the denimes, and the apcs. lots of great stuff these last few days. vinneus' jeans will scare people in a few more months, quote me on that.

repairing with the selvage could be seen as contrived, but it can also be seen as using all of the denim even up to it's edge. i hope most of us by now aren't that impressed just by seeing selvage. we all rock it( i hope:o)

The crotch repair is actually exactly that. Had just enough so I went right to the edge. I can't sew without a steady flow of cold beer, so by the time I got to the cuffs I was well into fun-with-selvedge time. In any case, they're hidden. They will wear through again, and I'm sure the next patches will be hacked out of a pair of 501 stf.

Thanks for the compliment, salaami, it is high praise indeed. And I'm no sackriding twat, so you can be sure I mean that.

thanks! I personally wish I didnt wash it so much haha they had plenty of indigo left after the first wash.

it aint the water big boy, momos don't fade fast so if a vast amount of indigo was lost in a short period of time, your rather intense wear must be the culprit. it's the classic ''blame it on the water'' trick selaviso tried last week...and i quote:'' washed my rrls and they are completely falling apart now.'' ha ha, it's the wear not the water baby!

i wonder when will people truly realise that indigo does not dissolve in water. haha.

i know it's funny cause if you wear a single pair for a REALLY long time you'll notice that they will have faded the same way no matter how they were washed...the only thing is that if you don't wash at least somewhat regularly the jeans won't last long enough to tell. the longer you wear them the more vintage-like the fading will be. but it takes a long while...

i was in the local 'premium' jean-shop a while back and this guy was in there talking about how mad he was cause he was riding his bike and his nudies got rained on. it's like the dude was ready to just buy another pair since the 'magic process' was ruined. i laugh

i know it's funny cause if you wear a single pair for a REALLY long time you'll notice that they will have faded the same way no matter how they were washed...the only thing is that if you don't wash at least somewhat regularly the jeans won't last long enough to tell. the longer you wear them the more vintage-like the fading will be. but it takes a long while...

i was in the local 'premium' jean-shop a while back and this guy was in there talking about how mad he was cause he was riding his bike and his nudies got rained on. it's like the dude was ready to just buy another pair since the 'magic process' was ruined. i laugh

i think he might have hit his head into a brick wall too hard one day while he was cycling one day.