The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Not a ton of progress on these S505XX since the last time I posted them (purchased off sbbjm a year ago to continue the magic), but had to wash em cause they smelled like a bonfire. The back right pocket, however, did go nuts and I feel compelled to share. I think these are now somewhere in the 2, 2 1/2 year range. No color adjustments, in the SHADE:

P2174350.jpg?t=1234890617

P2174353.jpg?t=1234890649

P2174355.jpg?t=1234890691

th_P2174356_cr.jpg

th_P2174359_cr.jpg <- This one looks ridiculous full size, I wish I could find a host that would take a 2.7meg image.

impressive dry bones. can't wait to see them after a wash

seconded. i just hope he doesn't change jeans for another year. those nat. indigo sams are nice. i like how they fade slower than usual sams.

Thanks salaami, the S510XX AI-N have really made me appreciate denim more as a whole.

I'll admit it was somewhat frustrating at first seeing people pull out high contrast fades on their jeans after 6 months when mine could have been ironed out and probably resold as brand new, but now I'm glad they're so stubborn. Natural Indigo at it's darkest is really something special. Frankly, I don't think these will ever get washed!

Thanks salaami, the S510XX AI-N have really made me appreciate denim more as a whole.

I'll admit it was somewhat frustrating at first seeing people pull out high contrast fades on their jeans after 6 months when mine could have been ironed out and probably resold as brand new, but now I'm glad they're so stubborn. Natural Indigo at it's darkest is really something special. Frankly, I don't think these will ever get washed!

i wouldn't wear them too long without a wash. washing vitalizes the denim and makes it last longer. no washing for 6+ months hurts the denim, which can cause praecox crotch blowouts.

cheers

i wouldn't wear them too long without a wash. washing vitalizes the denim and makes it last longer. no washing for 6+ months hurts the denim, which can cause praecox crotch blowouts.

cheers

I appreciate the advice but I think crotch blowouts have a great deal more to do with sagging / lifestyle (i.e. biking) than not washing. Washing, by my understanding, tightens the weave and that helps maintain the structural integrity of the denim, but if you aren't punishing the crotch I don't think it's a big deal. There are dozens of amazing jeans on this forum that haven't had their first wash until the 1year+ mark and haven't needed crotch repairs; I have never personally experienced a crotch blowout.

If I'm wrong, well then I guess my jeans will have more character.

Hm. Honestly there isn't much of a change at all visually. The jeans as a whole are probably a few shades lighter and the contrast isn't as dramatic, but I like how it turned out. Sadly, I can't portray feel with a camera, or at least I'm not quite good enough to. In any case, here's more for your viewing pleasure.

Pre-Wash

3283581897_e2fabc2d97_o.jpg

Post-Wash

3291898500_b55b3a8664_o.jpg

Others Post-Wash

3291898338_476d8c1dd5.jpg

3291080919_433065634c.jpg

3291080749_080d301a27.jpg

3291897646_cdcd5b50d4.jpg

3291897804_b8a5c895b0.jpg

this might be getting a bit too scientific, but i had a lab earlier about this..

useing molecular diffusion, would washing it make the indigo from areas with more dye go into the areas with less? like in the above^ or is that just the camera. the lighter areas seem darker

Good observation, but that isn't the case. The difference you see isn't really accurate at all because it was such a pain in the ass to recapture the jeans exactly how i took it the first time.

I'm using one silve umbrella and a flash, but my exposure was different and the flash power wasn't the same, i'd do it differently next time if i could. good try though, haha.

Not a ton of progress on these S505XX since the last time I posted them (purchased off sbbjm a year ago to continue the magic), but had to wash em cause they smelled like a bonfire. The back right pocket, however, did go nuts and I feel compelled to share. I think these are now somewhere in the 2, 2 1/2 year range. No color adjustments, in the SHADE:

Lol. Those used to be mine. Kind of weird.

They're from July 2006.