Guest bed

The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

3268951192_5a78e5392b.jpg

SAMURAI S710 (~12 MONTHS)

1 soak, 1 wash, 2 seasons of wear, 1 year to the day (belt included). Washing these this weekend.

cross post from ande whall thread....

quick update on my grifter 001's... about 6 months wear no wash/no soak...they look a little yellow tinted because of the light in my room, i need to get some time to take pictures outside.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Indigo Dukes 4 Months 1 Hot Soak 1 Wash

Fresh out of the washer

Damn you beat the shit out of those for 4 months... do you wear them every day?

Warehouse 660 Contest jeans, all of these pictures are from the end of December I just forgot my cable at home. Started November 13th, 2007. First picture is the most accurate color representation, the other ones are shit.

2q1t8jt.jpg

maumue.jpg

33eplhh.jpg

Here are my Edwin ed-47, japanese denim and rainbow selvedge, my first pair of jeans in japanese denim.

I've wore them for a year on the weekends since I've been in the army under the whole time. Im kind of happy of the outcome. I hate that I can't wear them anywore since they are too small :(.

(Pictures are pretty accurate in the color)

3270394098_158a3d8523.jpg

3270416612_25d6636164.jpg

3270420148_fbcf3955f8.jpg

3269602183_b7ae587ece.jpg

3270580828_5754a15dac_o.jpg3270580818_4fae712969_o.jpg

3270580824_62897468e2_o.jpg

PBJ xx-005

The top photo is the most consistent with the actual patina. Last set for a little while. I really want to go for a full year on these but the desire for a new pair has been pretty strong as of late (Imperial, Atelier LaDurance, who knows). We'll see...

Coniferous, did you adjust the contrast at all? If not, wow, the backs of your hems are amazing/blinding.

+rep

I did a bit of adjustment to compensate for some poor lighting conditions and shoddy white balance adjustment, but yes, the hems are as....trashed as the look. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Fit and whatnot. Both taken indoors.

3261537071_e4a9990f7d_o.jpg3270068367_651612a6dd_o.jpg

my lil sis saw those pbjs and was like''he's a beast''. please get something mij(no diss to imp or ald). neither of those two euro brands is on par with what you're wearing now.

my lil sis saw those pbjs and was like''he's a beast''. please get something mij(no diss to imp or ald). neither of those two euro brands is on par with what you're wearing now.

I have to agree with salaami here...please don't get Imp's or Alt's...it just feels like a step in the wrong direction.

Damn you beat the shit out of those for 4 months... do you wear them every day?

yea 4 months 7 days a week. never missed a day

I have to agree with salaami here...please don't get Imp's or Alt's...it just feels like a step in the wrong direction.

Point taken. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

they look great, but the original pictures on the road hardly resemble the fit pics. contrast was obviously jacked up a decent amount. that's probably more common than we like to think here. i guess i really don't care what you do with your pictures though, so happy editing...

i know that people seem to have lost a bit of faith in ALD but their jeans ( not including the recent stuff made in china ) are some of the nicest jeans i've seen, and I personally still rate them very highly.

I can understand the pressure on small companies in todays environment with regards to manufacturing costs etc, so I dont think that people should judge too harshly. That said, from personal experience with Chinese manufacturing, i've found the quality and more important the consistency to be quite poor in relation to garments made in japan / england / america / italy / germany / france. I just hope their stuff doesn't completly go down the pan...

If the quality declines, I'd say say ALD is more to blame than the place of finishing. The denim still comes from Japan, and I'm certain China (or wherever) has craftsman that are experienced enough to handle the finishing process.

evo of my apc, i thought about deleting the pics, but since i uploaded them somewhere else...

apc cure, worn hum... between 4 and 5 months i think, 2 washes

img2163lc9.jpg

img2176ep5.jpg

the cures look great! Really liking how the combs came out

^they look great freecat! really defined, high-contrast combs goin on.