The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

since my threads getting no love...

yea so here they are. i've been wearing them straight since only about the end of november. wore them to bed a few times too i think it really helped with overall feel of them.

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

thats my schedule that's been in the back pocket since the beginning of the semester. it started out in my APCs and then when i started wearing these i transported it.

any comments and/or critisism's are welcome

i purpose a smaller fit, initially, would have served you justice with these julian reds. perhaps i am mistaken, blind to the facts. it might have been better of me to acquire your size of denim+actual waist size.

i like your honeycombs but your thigh fit could b better?

i do hope this was nothing but, constructive.

I like these. Do you wash them alot?

I did a hot wash/dry when I got them, and then one hot wash/dry just before these shots.

I think typically I wash my jeans more than a lot of people, I wash them about every 3 months usually. And when I wash I usually do a hot wash and then in the dryer, so it ends up losing more indigo.

I'm real happy with the "vintage" fades this kind of washing produces. I like not worrying about them and just holding out for a while before washing to get some contrast. But obviously it doesn't help with stacking, and my combs sometimes reset. *shrug*

have the 510's really been out for 2 years? anyway, they look good for not being raw or anything.

whats the deal with people thinking "raw" is some magical potion that is applied to jeans? That type of thinking is straight hypebeast. Raw is usually rigid but not necessarily all the time. To me, "raw" always meant denim that starts out like a blank canvas. If its not pre-distressed and it fades from something new/dark to something worn/faded, thats "raw" in my book.

whats the deal with people thinking "raw" is some magical potion that is applied to jeans? That type of thinking is straight hypebeast. Raw is usually rigid but not necessarily all the time. To me, "raw" always meant denim that starts out like a blank canvas. If its not pre-distressed and it fades from something new/dark to something worn/faded, thats "raw" in my book.

agreed, thanks

"raw" = "unwashed" or "dry" denim (no rinse, no nothing)

"raw" jeans are rigid in texture because of the starch that keeps the denim material stiff so that it can be sewn together. Some jeans feel more rigid in texture than others...this is do to the varying starch content, weave (e.g. lefty twill denim is softer) and weight of the denim sourced by various brands.

The term is generally used loosely to include one-wash (or "one rinse") jeans that haven't undergone further treatment.

"raw" = "unwashed" or "dry" denim (no rinse, no nothing)

"raw" jeans are rigid in texture because of the starch that keeps the denim material stiff so that it can be sewn together. Some jeans feel more rigid in texture than others...this is do to the varying starch content, weave (e.g. lefty twill denim is softer) and weight of the denim sourced by various brands.

The term is generally used loosely to include one-wash (or "one rinse") jeans that haven't undergone further treatment.

Quoted For Truth