The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

can we get some pictures in a better angle? im sure these jeans are great but its a bit hard to look at them like that
they look untouched with 4months and a wash.

well maybe ill get better pics sometime soon, but believe it or not these jeans are worn hard. 21oz armor sharks are not the fastest fading denim:)

um. the 66 doesn't have painted arc's. you're thinking of the 44 cut

PRPS is leaps and bounds above RRDS and APC's. Cotton, denim, dying and construction is top notch. Don't believe just because assholes wear PRPS, that doesn't make it a quality product. My PRPS are better than my contest samurai's imo.

Don't get me wrong.. I like my PRPS's.. but they feel so thin... which just kind of makes them feel cheap.. maybe it's because I haven't had a wash yet.. what weight are they? Also.. the buttons always come undone out of nowhere.. not the very top one, but near the middle.. that ever happen to you? And one other thing is the taper of the jeans just seems like theres too much material right below the knee and then it tapers quickly.. It also doesn't help that I have small calves..

thatslapz: those stf looks beautiful

stangzorized: does the 21oz sam be an option for you?

I want to go heavier, but not that extreme.. although I'm sure they could get some mad fades with all the humid/hot weather we get here in Oklahoma.. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about coming from Dallas :).. I was kind of looking for a fit like Dior 19cm cut, but just a tad heavier. I'm about to retire my RRDS, they're all fucked up. I wear my PRPS daily.. I need another project :P

Speaking of hard to fade denim, my KMW 1980s ain't got shit for a good amount of wear in a year and 4 months or so. Washed the fuck out of them. I gave up on getting good fades on them, I wear them when I really need to not give a fuck about what I'm wearing.

Like I'm going to get something gross on them.

That said, these jeans are light (feeling despite being 14oz), comfortable, fit extremely well (even a size too large). Color is accurate.

kmws-1.jpgkmwsback.jpg

kmwdetails.jpgkmwsbackdetails.jpg

As for quality in the fibers itself...2x1 weave vs. 3x1 weave. One is more economically cheaper, but also weaker. Can't just argue simply that the company is trying to save money, therefore using a weaker weave pattern so it can't be compared to other companies that use the other. IIRC, ring spun is also stronger than open ended fibers. I think a concrete example of denim quality is the Skull 5010 7x6 vs 6x6.

this is a little misleading i think.

arent you talking about two different things? all denim, if im not mistaken, is a 2x1 twill weave, 2 weft yarns under 1 warp yarn, its what helps to qualify a fabric as denim or not.

the '6x6' in the skulls is referring to the thickness of the yarns used, not the manner in which they are woven.

you may or may not know this, im just saying from your wording it could confuse someone who doesnt..

this is a little misleading i think.

arent you talking about two different things? all denim, if im not mistaken, is a 2x1 twill weave, 2 weft yarns under 1 warp yarn, its what helps to qualify a fabric as denim or not.

the '6x6' in the skulls is referring to the thickness of the yarns used, not the manner in which they are woven.

you may or may not know this, im just saying from your wording it could confuse someone who doesnt..

Ah, I though some denim was 3x1 pattern. Was mistaken there, then.

And about the Skull 6x6 yarn thickness...that part I know, hence why I put it last. But I agree, I could have made it clearer that it was about something else rather than the weave pattern.

Thanks for the clarification, Dino.