The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

i have an interesting project to share with you sufu. for the month of july i will be working a job as a construction worker (yes, a skinny sufu kid like me a construction worker). so for the duration of my job i will be wearing a pair of raw levis 501 stfs. low quality denim, i know, but i'd rather be able to wear my APC's in public without having a pigpen style dust cloud following me around. if i had i better pair to use i would, but alas, i do not. so although the results won't be spectacular i thought people here might appreciate the spirit behind the project. so enough of me talking, here are pictures after two days on the job (and about two-three months of wear previous to that a long time ago)

swf0001constructioncq9.jpg

swf0002constructionze9.jpg

swf0003constructionfd3.jpg

what up my children. here are my samurai after 1 year of fairly minimal wear.

1000087vv4.th.jpg

1000088tb4.th.jpg

1000089xf0.th.jpg

1000091aw7.th.jpg

so far these are easily the best jeans ive ever owned, great stuff

i have an interesting project to share with you sufu. for the month of july i will be working a job as a construction worker (yes, a skinny sufu kid like me a construction worker). so for the duration of my job i will be wearing a pair of raw levis 501 stfs. low quality denim, i know, but i'd rather be able to wear my APC's in public without having a pigpen style dust cloud following me around. if i had i better pair to use i would, but alas, i do not. so although the results won't be spectacular i thought people here might appreciate the spirit behind the project. so enough of me talking, here are pictures after two days on the job (and about two-three months of wear previous to that a long time ago)

Very very nice...good job...

Here are my stf's that i have been wearing everyday for the past month or so. I go biking 30 mins to 2 hours every 2 days but i rotate pants so these arent really that great. They were soaked the second day i bought them due to a 7up accident that made the jeans all sticky and gross. I wont wash these for quite a long time (as long as possible possible 1 year or maybe even more!) so i try top keep them as clean as possible. but ill post updates every month or so.

pics fixed

DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2277.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

very nice! lets see who has more wear after this month.

nice ahlvahroe. so what else have you owned so far, then?

ive only owned a few pairs, but i dont buy alot of jeans. ive had some diesels, paper denims, nudies, i had some selvedge polo jeans, some imperials, i just got some yamanes the denim is really nice but the fit was weird so i gave em away, i also got some pairs as gifts like some LVCs for my dad.

Very nice. is that Lee Jeans style pocket?

yeah these are a lee repro.

Guest El Salvador
Yeahhhhh, not to sure if I'm feeling those honeycombs either, are those natural honeycombs?

Yeah looks like they are pinched or something.

Btw, a little late, but those Skulls.... DAMN!! :D

yes they are natural but a bit starched in the beginning. i did not pinch them. like i said im gonna try to go as long as possible without washing them so im not gonna do anything hard in them. so they wont get very good fading

Who on Nike Talk and the Hypebeast board told these guy to buy Levi's STF jeans? You'll spend hundreds of dollars on shoes but not the same on jeans.

Looks like he cut out the arcuates and hacked off the paper tag.

Sheesh.

when did i say i didnt spend hundreds of dollars on jeans? i have 3 pairs of evisus and 1 pair of SSDS and a couple pairs of 514s. i think thats enough. i bought these to experiment with

shouldnt assume.