The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Quote:

kumo, those eternals have a beautiful color, why do you think they are weird? aren't eternals known for their unique color?

--- Original message by mizanation on May 10, 2006 12:03 AM

i was refering to the color in the pics, but when i look it on my other computer, it looks fine... icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

the color of the eternals are amazing... under sunlight you can see how vibrant and deep the blue dye is..

lucky maddys

10014695zo.jpg

10014910or.jpg

10014937or.jpg

10014941jq.jpg

ignore the saggy ass lol they have stretched out alot so they are a lil big on me.

i have washed these before and they are about 4 months old but this is about a month or so with no wash. yup thats a shoelace belt

Edited by luvaul on May 14, 2006 at 08:51 PM

heres my double rl "authentic" after a month(almost) and 1 wash at 3 weeks.

front:161140.jpg

close up front:161139.jpg

back:161141.jpg

close up honeycombs:161142.jpg

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on May 17, 2006 at 10:12 AM

i thought so. damn. i guess ill have to try again. i guess theyre not really just jeans. or wait, maybe NOW theyre just jeans.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on May 17, 2006 at 10:39 AM

budget swedish jeans

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/9003/10017429tk.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1742/10017379sw.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8099/10017385sb.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8136/10017541jt.jpg

^these are 2 pairs of $40 h&m "& denim" sliq (slim low rise 1% stretch). the first pair were rinsed, then worn and starched for about 6 months and then machine washed. the second pair shows just how dark these were at first. (i had to scratch the denim at the hem just to assure myself they were indeed blue and not black.)

even after the initial soaking these turned my hands blue for weeks and the hardware is junk but the denim is very streaky (similar to the svenska) and they have some cool details (like purple detail stitching and pocket bags, simple back pocket embroidery, chainstitching, unique coin pocket.) i initially bought these to experiment with but i liked them so much i went back and got the last pair they had, one size down (the first pair stretched and ive also lost some weight).

i'd say the first pair fits somewhere between a slim jim and a new standard (or california minus the anti fit) with a low front rise (9.5 inches) and a 7.5 inch hem. im actually going to have a tailor taper the new pair even more to get a budget nudie long john!

i know these dont really compare to the eternals or canes on here but i dont currently have the budget for $250 jeans.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

Edited by cultpop 0217 on May 17, 2006 at 12:29 PM

i tried on those h&m jeans sliq jeans, as well as some other pairs last time i went to h&m. i didnt care for the fits of them at all. even on the sliq (which is a slim cut), the thighs were too wide so there was too much extra room at the back of the leg just below the pockets and in the seat. The denim wasnt bad for a $40 pair, and they had several different cheap raw or near raw pairs in different denims, but id rather pay 150+ for nudies or JRs and get a fit that i think looks alot better on me.

Also, h&m has some absolutely atrocious jeans at the moment.. sure its nice they are trying raw denim and slimmer cuts, but some of their are so overdone... i suppose if theres enough people

out there who'll buy them, thats all they care about...

washed1.jpg

washed2.jpg

Regular Ralf DS washed after close to 5 months. Had to wash a bit earlier than I had hoped to, but I still think they turned out great. The waist looks tiny because I had a chopstick propping it open to dry the inside quickly.

Those ralfs look good. I have been wearing a pair for the past 7 or 8 months and they are lookin pretty good. I want to wash them, but I want to take some pictures and my camera ain't in my possession.

UCD, my GF goes there. If you ever see a cute short girl in old school evisus it is probably her. Or if you see a cute chick making sure you have good denim on, it is definately her. PM me, maybe we will meet at Sophia's for a drink.

Geowu, resist washing!

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on May 19, 2006 at 08:33 PM

Quote:

budget swedish jeans

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/9003/10017429tk.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1742/10017379sw.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8099/10017385sb.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8136/10017541jt.jpg

^these are 2 pairs of $40 h&m "& denim" sliq (slim low rise 1% stretch). the first pair were rinsed, then worn and starched for about 6 months and then machine washed. the second pair shows just how dark these were at first. (i had to scratch the denim at the hem just to assure myself they were indeed blue and not black.)

even after the initial soaking these turned my hands blue for weeks and the hardware is junk but the denim is very streaky (similar to the svenska) and they have some cool details (like purple detail stitching and pocket bags, simple back pocket embroidery, chainstitching, unique coin pocket.) i initially bought these to experiment with but i liked them so much i went back and got the last pair they had, one size down (the first pair stretched and ive also lost some weight).

i'd say the first pair fits somewhere between a slim jim and a new standard (or california minus the anti fit) with a low front rise (9.5 inches) and a 7.5 inch hem. im actually going to have a tailor taper the new pair even more to get a budget nudie long john!

i know these dont really compare to the eternals or canes on here but i dont currently have the budget for $250 jeans.

--- Original message by cultpop 0217 on May 17, 2006 12:23 PM

Nice! I have the sliq from H&M/& too, but it doesn't look exactly like that. Maybe it's a "new version".

Have you changed the buttons in the fly? The ones on my pair are pretty cool - on of them is turquoise, and the hardware and details in general actually look pretty 'thought through'. For the price, I'd say it's a damn bargain. I removed the back pocket stitching and the leather tag and now they've generated more compliments than my nudies for example. I went with my standard W30, and I couldn't button them up all the way in the store standing, but now they're fine (after two days of ache and moaning). Fits kinda like a diesel zathan without the flare, and perhaps a little lower even.

looking nice Serge. they look very stiff and creased, ready to fade a lot. I think I would take off the back pocket stitching, though... I always prefer them plain, though. any critical comments to mine? ...btw, you're getting pretty good at taking pics.

Edited by Geowu on May 20, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Geowu, It looks like you washed your too early and you didn't accentuate the creases. I try to make sure my creases are set really early, because that is where you will get the contrast. I have wash probably 20 pais of raw selvage jeans too early in the past and really learned my lesson.

Lesson one: buy them tight, if they are STF, they will shrink the most on the initial soak and re-soaking them will not do any good.

Lesson Two: Wash them when they are absolutely disgusting.

Lesson three: never use a washing machine.

These are only my guidelines and as you can see in my APC's I go for the dirty look and never give them a good enough wash to become clean in fear oflosing too much indigo. And I am not saying that yours won't turn out great, they will, but they probably won't have a high contrast fade. I was itching for a pair of SD 103s but I think they are going to wait till I get some Somets.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on May 20, 2006 at 05:22 PM