The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

xpost.

ironhearts at 9months or so.

leather PRL belt at 7 months and getting a rich patina already, when I bought it, it was about the same color as the patch on my jeans if not lighter. Somehow the price tag has stayed on all this time since it's made of some kind of plastic or heavy paper or something? You can see it says "tan" on the tag...

DSC_1416.jpg

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1418.jpg

DSC_1419.jpg

DSC_1420.jpg

DSC_1421.jpg

Guest chemi

LOVE the color of the belt, did you tan it or treat it with any oil?

(jeans look good too)

dino - love the slubiness, i really need to start wearing my S0500s

cross posted from the Warehouse Contest thread...

My boring update. Ignore the gross shoes, I was working out before I took the pictures. They could be a bit more contrasty to make them more accurate, it was a bright day but cloudy, once I can get some pictures in the actual sunlight you'll be able to see the real contrast more. That and my shadow covers the right leg in the picture of the backside, my honeycombs are not that messed up and the right leg is not that much darker.

Start date was November 13, 2007. I've done 3 hot soaks (which includes two at the beginning), and then put them in a washing machine on the "quick wash" setting but with no detergent twice. I should also add that I'm in High School at a school that has a dress code, so I can only wear them nights and weekends, at least until September when I go to college.

2lc6v5j.jpg

13zwb9l.jpg

Crotch is finally starting to give a bit, a few of the threads are going loose and the denim is beginning to fray. I'm sure after another few weeks they'll need to be repaired.

qrhrir.jpg

Those John Bulls fit right from the front but they look two sizes too big from the back. What the hell?

They just have really uneven rises. The front is 9.5 and the back is 14.5. I didn't realize how huge the difference was until I got them. Was certinaly less than thrilled about it, but I've gotten used to it alright.

How on earth did you manage to get holes in your 3001s? My OG arcs + tabs 3001s are practically a year old and have no holes whatsoever (and I'm rough on these things). Has the denim changed? Or are you just HARDcore?

1 cold soak when new

1 cold soak at four months like a week and a half ago or something

n11500714_34709402_9805.jpg

n11500714_34709404_549.jpg

n11500714_34709401_9407.jpg

n11500714_34709403_163.jpg

cheers!

Cheers for all the feedback guys. Here are a few fuller shots of the 811's. Its now just under 10 months with two machine washes and one hot soak.

2332111737_7639b2a959.jpg2332897320_1aec9f8ec2.jpg

2332072005_d97f492224.jpg2332897716_4224d01b18.jpg

The colours on these are all pretty true.

Tootaloot - Good looking fit there. Is it just me or do those back pockets seem really big and low. They kinda have a really pointed bottom too. It's interesting.

Thanks about the fit. And Yeah, the back pockets are set very low and very far apart. Although it looks pretty goofy, it's actually fairly functional, because it means I'm never sitting directly on top of my wallet.