The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

yeah you don't...tread carefully sir.

wearing the jeans causes it to fade, and not washing for an extended period preserves the fade.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10346

the difference, arguably, is in the quality of the jean [generally speaking], but inasmuch as one could buy 29.99 shoes and replace them everytime they bust instead of paying for aldens, one could also buy 29.99 jeans.

you will want to continue this in the small questions thread at the top of the superdenim page, and read the encyclopaedia sticky.

Iron Army (RIP) Sebastian Lamonte at 15 months or so. Wore the crap out of them for about 9 months, washed them, and since then they've been in rotation. Wore them for a long weekend in Texas soaking up horse sweat and spilled beer (see WAYWT), so they're gonna get washed, and then probably retired since I'm starting to wear a hole through the ass (damn knife-sharp butt-bones), in addition to the thrice-blown crotch and ripped cuff. I'll put up some post-wash pics when I've done the damn thing.

img2765ro1.jpg

img2767zx8.jpg

Edit: link to my post from the first wash in August -

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=606035&postcount=6169

i have worn jeans for months and only had them somewhat dirty. after months of wear i have smelled the crotch of my jeans and barely smelt anything. people saying jeans will get dirty after a week of wear are exaggerating

haha not really. mine start to stink after about a week or two, but I walk a lot and the local is pretty humid too.

Iron Army (RIP) Sebastian Lamonte at 15 months or so. Wore the crap out of them for about 9 months, washed them, and since then they've been in rotation. Wore them for a long weekend in Texas soaking up horse sweat and spilled beer (see WAYWT), so they're gonna get washed, and then probably retired since I'm starting to wear a hole through the ass (damn knife-sharp butt-bones), in addition to the thrice-blown crotch and ripped cuff. I'll put up some post-wash pics when I've done the damn thing.

[/url]

Edit: link to my post from the first wash in August -

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=606035&postcount=6169

Nice job. They look like they've served you well.

Skull 5507XX. Tapered and repaired as fuck.

The non 6x6-denim is pretty damn tough to fade. I've worn these on and off since November 2006. One wash, maybe 4-5 washes. I love the way the fade, but as with most denim I wear, I can't seem to be able to get any proper comb fades. Oh well!

Maybe 7-8 months of effective wear?

1-4.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

wait those have 7.5 months of wear? do alds wear in that fast or do you just wear em in harder than hell.

As part owner of a denim specialty store, I can wear jeans all day everyday. These were worn everyday for 5.5 months, washed and then worn some more. I was commuting to work on a bicycle in these quite a bit. I like to seriously commit to one pair so that my customers can see the fade. In addition, I can let people know what will happen to their jeans (i.e. how much they'll stretch, shrink after the wash, etc.)