The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

APC rescues

~600 days of wear, 3 washes

Wow....thats like $.25/day and a lot of life for one pair of jeans. Now please, do the exact same thing to a pair of slower-fading, more sturdy jeans...you will have something amazing.

agreed. theres a point where APC"s get a bit too washed up...those jeans hav crossed that point.

Oh, I completely agree, they're beat as fuck. At this point I'd say I'm wearing them out of habit more than anything, I mean, for fuck sake, the belt loops have fallen off.

Flathead 4001BK.

Owned for 9 months. Let's say.....5 months of wear. 1-presoak' date=' 1 machine wash+dry.

Oh, and excuse the semi-weird wallet fade. I just switched to a mid-length wallet 3 weeks ago so it'll look a little bit weird until it fades out evenly in a few months.

[img']http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/cynlix/1_31_08_front.jpg[/img]

1_31_08_back.jpg

They are so rare...thought it would be nice to see them again...

agreed. theres a point where APC"s get a bit too washed up...those jeans hav crossed that point.

If you look at real vintage Levi's (Big E), Lee and Wrangler, they look similar to the fade on those Rescues. It is a true vintage fade and that is worth noticing, so NO, it is not ugly!

Elpha: With your persistance you should really buy some longer lasting/sturdy jeans. It could be amazing to see what result you got out of some better jeans.

Dior 19cm size 30

10 months. 3 soaks. 1 wash.

WOW. Nicest dior fading since in this thread I think. I Wish mine would look like that in 7 month... yet I already had 1 crotch rip.

If you look at real vintage Levi's (Big E), Lee and Wrangler, they look similar to the fade on those Rescues. It is a true vintage fade and that is worth noticing, so NO, it is not ugly!

Elpha: With your persistance you should really buy some longer lasting/sturdy jeans. It could be amazing to see what result you got out of some better jeans.

youre obviously not very familiar with what a "true vintagefade" should be like if you're actually referring to the APCs. theres a large difference in a pair of super worn down washed up pair of jeans and a nice overall vintage fade. i suggest you go do some research.

youre obviously not very familiar with what a "true vintagefade" should be like if you're actually referring to the APCs. theres a large difference in a pair of super worn down washed up pair of jeans and a nice overall vintage fade. i suggest you go do some research.

I don't want to get into a big argument here, but I am going to respond to this. If you look at it, it isn't totally washed out, but there is a huge loss of indigo. The whiskering and honeycombs are really evident . Like I said, that fade is very similar to the ones vintage jeans have (just check eBay every once in a while to see some vintage jeans), so therefore this is what I refer to as a "vintage fade"... The fades most people here on Sufu create is often a product of wearing a pair of jeans excesively for a long time without any washing nor soaking and this will of course give a better contrast of white vs indigo, but it isn't how a well-worn Big E Levis jeans would look most of the time. The fades on most of my Big E Levis jeans are mainly create from hard wear and tear and frequent washing, from what I can tell, which equals a apparent loss of colour, yet whiskering and honeycombs are visible.

I hope this makes sense

I don't want to get into a big argument here, but I am going to respond to this. If you look at it, it isn't totally washed out, but there is a huge loss of indigo. The whiskering and honeycombs are really evident . Like I said, that fade is very similar to the ones vintage jeans have (just check eBay every once in a while to see some vintage jeans), so therefore this is what I refer to as a "vintage fade"... The fades most people here on Sufu create is often a product of wearing a pair of jeans excesively for a long time without any washing nor soaking and this will of course give a better contrast of white vs indigo, but it isn't how a well-worn Big E Levis jeans would look most of the time. The fades on most of my Big E Levis jeans are mainly create from hard wear and tear and frequent washing, from what I can tell, which equals a apparent loss of colour, yet whiskering and honeycombs are visible.

I hope this makes sense

and my point is that usually a nice vintage fade looks much more deeper and richer in its color even after its indigo loss. the lack of depth and just the overall flatness of the APC's is why i'm saying its lacking. I consider a vintage fade much more than just whiskering and honeycombs and the amount of indigo lost. APC's are infamous for it losing a ton of indigo...this exact pair isnt a product of a well worn/faded pair, but more of a washed up pair thats lost its depth and richness of indigo. But you're right, lets not get into this...cuz apparently you think APC's produce vintage fades.

"The fades most people here on Sufu create is often a product of wearing a pair of jeans excesively for a long time without any washing nor soaking and this will of course give a better contrast of white vs indigo, but it isn't how a well-worn Big E Levis jeans would look most of the time."

you almost must've missed the part where he said he washed them 3 times over the course of nearly 2 years.

btw, most people on here know a thing or two about denim...get to know some other faded pairs.

i kinda agree with simon on this...

what i see around here that i would consider vintage fades are basically very faded wranglers/rustlers/levis that you can tell have been both worn and washed alot and as a result have defined combs and whiskers but an overall washed-out look and lack of depth, maybe not quite to the same degree as those APCs, but still they look alot more like those APCs than like sidney's flatheads for example.

What sufuers achieve id say is more of an exaggeration of a "vintage fade" and not what you would actually expect to see on some middle-aged construction worker walking around wal-mart.

But, yeah, those do look to have lost a whole lot of indigo for only 3 washes, you'd have to wash other jeans alot more frequently to achieve the same look. But APCs arent all that dark to start out with.