The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Thanks guys!

The 2000 model is a bit more slim than 501. especially ifyou buy no1 denim.

Theese are on the edge to breaking everywhere, so i might put them away and focus all on my other pairs.

it shows that wearing the jeans for a long time without washing in machine, is the best way in my opinion.

Better to save the machine wash until you have some serious fade, otherwise you only wash out indigo

I only regret not soaking them before i started wearing them..

The fabric become so brittle after 1yr +, almost like toasted bread..

But it´s fun to fix them. makes them get more character.

Not to turn this into an evisu rant, but...

It always amazed me when people mention that they're shit quality, yet when you ask, most of them don't own a pair (the ones i've asked), or have pieces from that horrific euro edition line made in italy. And whenever they're called ugly, it's usually pics of some most the most abysmal 'cocks ever. You rarely hear about the reinforced pocket lining, 16-30 dips for denim, or the fact that you can get plain pockets instead of 'cocks.

Well...I said it over in the "Is Evisu still loved?" thread...they were the first premium denim brand I was aware of, and used to turn my head if I saw them in the street (this would have been around 1996). Everyone was trying to keep their denim as dark as possible at that stage...they were trying to avoid signs of wear, but after a few years it was inevitable. My impression of Evisu jeans has always been that they deliver a lovely fade eventually, but I don't see how you could put up with some of their more lurid designs long enough to get that result. Their original line is still untouchable, in my opinion...subverting Levis while surpassing them. I'll still always sit up and notice a well-worn pair, but it's true that you see more people sporting brand new ill-fitting "loud" ones.

Holy shit, those APCs are insane. I'm surprised they've lasted so long. How mny washes/soaks/Months of wear?

Not sure how much actual wear is on them, to be honest. Every time I've gotten something new (LVC 47s, PBJs, Eternals, etc), I put them away for a while. Probably 4 or 5 washes by now.

Nudie Conny, around 19 months. A lot less wear.

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

Thanks guys!

I only regret not soaking them before i started wearing them..

SAME HERE. About not washing them tho. I'm going on a year plus, didn't wash till 5 months later, but my fade is coming along, slowly but gradually. Mine are sanforized so the breaking in process is/has been a pain in the ass, but they are coming along. Wish I had honey combs, but evisus are so damn baggy. got a few nice wiskers tho. Not washing them is probably why t hey are falling apart on you.

Evisu one-wash "Choose Pocket", Lot 0001 Kamon Flower rivet

..with, erm, nothing chosen for the back pocket design.

(sorry about stretching the tables a bit..;))

I bought these just over a year ago; they've probably had about eight to nine months of solid wear since then. I haven't spared them - they've been through a big cleanup and move, the birth of my son, all sorts of stuff...they've held up really well. They've been washed twice, at six and eight months. They weren't raw when I got them, but were pretty close....looked like one-wash, as they were soft and furry but still very deep indigo. The vertical lines that look like marks from a spin-cycle were a *feature* when I bought them, but I felt they'd work out all right in the end. I haven't seen the kamon flower rivet design on any other evisus, but I like it. They're a pretty loose fit, so I was surprised to get any honeycombs at all (though as you can see they're quite muted). I love these jeans.

evisu_front_01.jpg

Dayum these are about how mine look