The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

cotton- you dont think that biking contributed to the insane holes in my jeans? yes i wear them tight and yes i wear them abit low and yes that gets rips started, but honestly-shit like that doesnt come about by just walking.

Jeffvyain- hey! il bike in whatever jeans i please. the idea of carrying around a second pair of pants EVERYWHERE i go just for biking doesnt appeal to me.

cotton- you dont think that biking contributed to the insane holes in my jeans? yes i wear them tight and yes i wear them abit low and yes that gets rips started, but honestly-shit like that doesnt come about by just walking.

Jeffvyain- hey! il bike in whatever jeans i please. the idea of carrying around a second pair of pants EVERYWHERE i go just for biking doesnt appeal to me.

you seem to be missing the point.

biking is a high stress activity for jeans. this is why you can get good fades, if your jeans are durable.

if your jeans are weak (i.e. nudie) and you bike, you are asking for fast crotch rips. if you then wear said weak jeans super-tight while biking, it means they will rip much faster. it also means you are dimwitted, i'm afraid.

put it another way-- the biking per se is not the problem, the problem is that you are wearing inappropriate clothing for biking.

Speaking of biking, I've found a great way to set those honeycombs in is to ride my motorcycle. Anyone with a sport bike will probably agree. With my feet on the pegs my knees are bent at probably a less than 80 degree angle. Once I wore my new RRLs riding and the back of my knees had red indentations from being pressed agaist the honeycombs...perfect!

forget biking causing crotch rips, whether or not that is the case. i think stuntastic had a pic a while ago with a clear as day outline of a bike seat seemingly stamped on his ass.

that alone is enough reason for me to put on some shorts, and jeans i dont give a fuck about, if/whenever i do get on a bike

forget biking causing crotch rips, whether or not that is the case. i think stuntastic had a pic a while ago with a clear as day outline of a bike seat seemingly stamped on his ass.

that alone is enough reason for me to put on some shorts, and jeans i dont give a fuck about, if/whenever i do get on a bike

he mentioned him wanting to switch the material that his bike seat was made out of. i think that's why it left the mark that it did.

Speaking of biking, I've found a great way to set those honeycombs in is to ride my motorcycle. Anyone with a sport bike will probably agree. With my feet on the pegs my knees are bent at probably a less than 80 degree angle. Once I wore my new RRLs riding and the back of my knees had red indentations from being pressed agaist the honeycombs...perfect!

When I wear my S5000s on either my Harley or my R6, it doesn't leave much room for moving, or even getting my leg over. Makes me want to get a different pair of jeans with more room in the thighs but still 17oz.

Guest jeffvyain

i would think a leather bike seat wouldn't cause too much damage to some durable jeans (not nudie). but if i started watching my crotch turn bright blue while the rest of my jeans stayed dark just for the sake of my honeycombs, I'd start feeling like a jackass. I'd like to wear my jeans for a while before they're shite. There've certainly be some instances in which biking has been a large cause of some beautiful jeans on this board, but there've been just as many where the opposite has happened.

I think that the obvious solution is to ride bmx instead. If you're too tall to sit down and pedal on what is essentially a child-size bike, you don't have these kind of problems. I'm sure the funny looks I receive riding a pint sized bicycle are pale in comparison to the embarassment of having a shiny blue crotch on a pair of otherwise dark jeans. Probably.

he mentioned him wanting to switch the material that his bike seat was made out of. i think that's why it left the mark that it did.

ah, well then ride on. i dont know shit about bicycles so dont mind me

Just cuz you bike, doesnt mean you will have an assfade the shape of the bike seat...

Ive seen people ride with jeans, and not have any fades on their asses...

Its the material on the seats, which causes the type of wear on your jeans...

Non leather seats, cheapo seats will cause you to get nasty ass fades... My Bianchi seat is poor, which is why I have a weird fade...

I havent put on my leather Brooks seat, but Im pretty sure I wont get a stupid ass fade from that... With new denim...

BTW, the ass on my Okinawas are ok now... The dusty sand from the beach and filth in Maynila is making it blend in... Kinda...

Yeah, I recently bought severl pairs of evisus for ridiculously reasonable prices, so I'm highly interested also. I probably should've just bought a single pair of Iron Heart's.

beware of cheap Evisu, there are shitloads of fakes around