The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

KrisB

Amazing denim evolution indeed!!!

They deserve an eternal life for sure!!

And I was really impressed about how many awesome faded jeans are updated here over the last 4 months reflecting the full power of natural denim evolution at its best and help keeping the raw denim spirit alive that way!!

Just mentioning the legendary raw denim trasher cander49, or dylanbooth78, pojutr, Rob060, xchen, Anteezy, chantheman, kooklive, tobydoo, chicote, Cartel, denihilist, dkatz, hajileo and other great updates!!

I just can't stop watching all those Holy Grail items which made my day!!

Have fun and keep go enjoying all your raw denim projects during 2016 as well.

^^

Looking awesome Kris

Warehouse 800's. Sorry for the crap pics. These are just a couple weeks shy of 1 year old. Worn sparingly throughout the summer months, but otherwise have been worn everyday. I'd say about 5 washes so far. Just wondering how long I should let 'em go before I have the cuffs repaired.

ZPYWHE.jpg

1czV0M.jpg

PjzuBL.jpg

S5u717.jpg

6xnRLw.jpg

wQzm7e.jpg

1jcFbK.jpg

I wonder what I'm doing wrong that I never get that marbling. I even washed more often than you - maybe I need an amercian washing machine and a dryer.

Regarding the repair: I'd say get them repaired now - either have them darned or just do it yourself using some scrap denim that you sew in on the inside. As you seem to cuff them anyway it's just about preventing further fraying. I did this on my Eternal 888 and it worked pretty fine.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks Max. I need to get another pair before I send these off. I'm down to only one pair of jeans right now, ugh.

As far as the marbling, I couldn't tell you. I don't do anything special, just wash them when they're dirty. I'll generally toss them in the machine and let them wash until the rinse cycle, at which point I take them out and rinse them by hand to avoid crease lines and whatnot. Then hang dry for however long it takes. Sorry I can't of more help.

S5u717.jpg

JohnM the texture under the right pocket (and really through the wear areas) is a good example of what would be considered marbling.  There's enough raised and low spots to produce blue and white in a worn area, rather than straight white.  Max is getting it on his 800s, just not as well as he'd like.   

• 2 weeks later...