The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

thanks for the feedback on the edwin's guys & 40oz thanks for the props on the 90s

SO, fellas think they're a size to big...is there anything to do about it?

i can't return them (i bought them over a year ago in Germany) - i hear people "hot soaking" denim to shrink it. i suppose i can do that if it will work on these

...but in your opinion they aren't supper ill fitting because i'm pretty much stuck with them...

thanks for the feedback on the edwin's guys & 40oz thanks for the props on the 90s

SO, fellas think they're a size to big...is there anything to do about it?

i can't return them (i bought them over a year ago in Germany) - i hear people "hot soaking" denim to shrink it. i suppose i can do that if it will work on these

...but in your opinion they aren't supper ill fitting because i'm pretty much stuck with them...

Nothing like that. just a little bigger than people here (me included) seem to like their jeans to fit. they look fine on you. I'm not sure how much a hot soak will shrink them if you have already washed them, and if they are sanforized (anyone know?) then you're shit outta luck.

I've worn mine quite a bit -- probably half the time the last 2.5 months. Alas, there is no visible wear yet.

I've worn my almost exclusively since I got them at the beginning of December and I still don't have any significant wear on mine, either. I haven't been wearing them particularly hard, though; just a lot of walking and such.

I actually washed mine real quick yesterday, just a little rinse in some hot water and Dr. Bronner's. I'm not all for holding out washing for the super contrasty fades, especially on a pair of black jeans, so I wasn't expecting much fading, and there wasn't. There was a tinge of color to the wash, but it seemed mostly like dirt rather than dye.

I can see, though, around the whiskers as well as the honeycombs where it is relatively darker and lighter, so as long as I stick with this for a while I think they are going to turn out great.

Guest StuckOnStupid

one mashine wash around channukah. i moved on to a few other jeans but i try to keep this in the mix as much as i can. Sorry about the cellphone camera quality....

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg