The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Wow probably the most beautiful pairs I have ever seen. How the F do you get such good fades on your upper legs. What do you do in them. You should teach me to use em like that ;-) *jealous*

c8ccea65-4872-47d1-8685-aa91a863bfae_zps

DSCF1774_zpse74930cc.jpg

DSCF1764_zps4cb921a2.jpg

DSCF1760_zps6e604e21.jpg

DSCF1769_zps214b9111.jpg

DSCF1770_zps983bca85.jpg

DSCF1766_zpsfb5f42ad.jpg

DSCF1771_zpsecf846a7.jpg

Yeah I heard that they were pretty bad quality. Yet I have to say that the denim after the first wash seems really sturdy still. As this is just an experiment I am curious too. And I have to say that I am patient and seem to keep all my dry pair fairly log without rips or tears (never goat crotch rip (knock on wood). I like this pair thought. Will surely keep you posted. 

Got some pics of your pair on how they evolved and how they ended up?

They still make these?  I had a pair like 4 years ago as my intro to raw denim.  Probably a bad idea on Diesel's part to make them, as I - and probably a lot of others - transitioned into higher end raw denim as a result of buying these and never bought another pair of Diesels again.  Hah.  In any case, I think they fade a little faster, but it seems like it's probably just a result of a weak dying process rather than some special treatment, as they claim.  Too bad the denim is pretty poor and rips way too quickly.  I haven't seen anyone go past maybe 7 or 8 months in a pair of these, so, for nostalgia's sake, I'd be curious to see what they look like a long time down the road.  Wear them hard!

• 2 weeks later...

My Diesel Tepphar turbo denim at day 74, 7 days after the first wash. They seem to fade faster after the wash. They don't get much wear these days because of the hot weather and the fact that I am trying to break in my new A.P.C. Petite Standards

14894930656_2bd9f538f2_b.jpg

14731254519_51e8d28d70_b.jpg
Edited by Capibaro

maybe spring for a nice pair of jeans in the 4th stage lol jk  :D

Haha yeah. Next to break in is the Strike Gold 3105's

I will put up the rest of my collection down the track - these are just what I have on rotation atm.