The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Chain Stitch for Denim Jeans

Chain stitch, same machine(Union Special 43200G )

But different user, different adjustments, different cotton lines......bring different results.

You will find the differences after times wearing.

ql30.jpg

Edited by zk4025

These are my pairs from Shockoe Denim.  Company just started in the past year out of Richmond, Va. All done single needle.

Old Boy 13.5 oz overdye from Kurabo with 6 months of wear in comparison to a new pair.   Wasnt going to wash these for much longer, but I bought a puppy who decided to eat a bottle of fish oil on top of my jeans (thankfully all of the super prized possesions are hung up).   You can see the stains it left on the lower legs.  They have stopped stinking some, but only after a good amount of time and leaving them outside.

hyzc.jpg

gwwr.jpg

urnn.jpg

11oz black weft cone mills denim in the Old Boy fit  2 months of wear, but had to do a lot of construction cleanup when our roof caved in so they got a wash and a soak by the end of it all.  Macro shot I know is not very impressive.

uznk.jpg

mmg7.jpg

7r0n.jpg

2jgr.jpg

x-post from N&F

It is an overcast day, but still bright..  Figured I'd take some pics of my N&F Greencast I picked up June 2012.  One soft wash at 1 month, threw em in the washer at 3 months, and then washed them pretty regularly from there on.  You'll see in the pics they are beginning to fall apart but I am still holding onto them and plan on making the necessary fixes.  I believe the new N&F Royalcast is the second version of this denim.

Here they are at around one month, no wash:

399381_473016966044916_1019338693_n.jpg

And now....(will spoiler pics, image heavy)

front

IMG_0746_zpsd8d1bbba.jpg

back

IMG_0751_zps3239a464.jpg

front detail

IMG_0748_zpsbd185cdf.jpg

side

IMG_0750_zps733edb23.jpg

chainstitching came undone:

IMG_0747_zps55f34d87.jpg

a repair with another to be made soon

IMG_0757_zps03b5673a.jpg

The Washing Process of S.F.K. Denim Soap

dscf2596g.jpg

After an improvement, it contains low foaming ingredient, color fixing, cleaning effect.

These are jeans of my friend, wearing above a year. Worry about the color fading, he didn’t wash it a lot. Today, let's give him a help.

dscf2577e.jpg

Wearing a lot but seldom washing. It appears yellowing and smells not good. The color is covered by the dirt, so it comes not very obvious color. Many people worry about that washing will destroy the color.

dscf2581q.jpg

dscf2582r.jpg

It’s a simple soap. Easy washing into great color.

dscf2585t.jpg

WET

dscf2592x.jpg

Washing with the soap.

dscf2602.jpg

Drop it into machine. Done.

DRY. The color after the soap washing.

dsc07962t.jpg

dsc07965p.jpg

dsc07966q.jpg

Just some fun pictures of the three pairs I have any worthy amount of time in.  From left to right they are N&F Natural Indigo Revival, Nudie Slim Jim low, and finally my HWDC pair of Iron Heart Beatle Busters 21oz.; the order is reversed in the second picture

IMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpg

The Washing Process of S.F.K. Denim Soap

dscf2596g.jpg

After an improvement, it contains low foaming ingredient, color fixing, cleaning effect.

These are jeans of my friend, wearing above a year. Worry about the color fading, he didn’t wash it a lot. Today, let's give him a help.

dscf2582r.jpg

It’s a simple soap. Easy washing into great color.

Where do you buy SFK Soap? Is there really much difference between a specialty soap and regular detergent?

samurai 710xx after another wash 

20130920_185315_zps9534ebd3.jpg

20130920_185633_zpscd5ffaef.jpg

20130920_185521_zps08e03cca.jpg

more pic's in the samurai thread

I've looked at these a dozen times in both this and the Samurai thread, and I figured I'd finally leave a comment.  Simply beautiful jeans.  Texture is amazing.