The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

• 2 weeks later...

With so many great jeans in this thread I feel a bit ashamed of posting this, but since it's a pair from a brand which is not too popular over here I felt someone might be curious.

PRPS Barracuda raw, 22 months since purchase, maybe 16 months of actual wear, 2 washes, 1 crotch repair.

9307306645_f9546f943a_c.jpg

9307306039_9fabc777ef_c.jpg

Links to PRPS characteristic details: folded backpockets, multi colored buttons, purple/orange selvedge.

This has been my first pair of raw jeans. I didn't want to spend a lot and considering that japanese repro brands are expensive and aren't ever on sale, I could grab this pair for less than $200 and it has the main details of high-end japanese denim: made in Japan, zimbabwean cotton, selvedge, raw, chain-stitched...

I really like the denim and color, and I've enjoyed breaking them in. What I don't like so much is the cut, since it's a straight leg and now I prefer tapered (a PRPS Rambler would have been better for me) and that it wasn't very dark to begin with, I would have preferred a darker shade of indigo.

Also it's quite light, I don't know the exact weight but I would say it's not over 12oz (I have pairs of RRL which are heavier). Maybe because of this and also waiting over one year for the first wash I had a premature crotch blowout and now the whole crotch area is about to fall apart but I won't repair it again. I have a pair of Unbranded 21oz tapered on the way.

i also have a pair of those limited prps. it's from 2009 and i still wear it during summer. absolutely light weight but the quality of the denim etc is awsome! not sure which cut it is but if anybody knows it would be great to get an info!

i also have a pair of those limited prps. it's from 2009 and i still wear it during summer. absolutely light weight but the quality of the denim etc is awsome! not sure which cut it is but if anybody knows it would be great to get an info!

P55P03XX01 is the model number of my pair, and it's a Barracuda. It was like this when new.

Back in 2009 I think PRPS had 4 cuts: Barracuda (straight), Rambler (tapered), GTO (bootcut) and Impala (loose/relaxed). I think the Impala was called Challenger some time ago.

I've only seen limited editions of Barracuda, which is the most common PRPS model anyway.

Three years.

DSCF0001-2.jpg

3407724390_055948d0a1.jpg

3897292467_c2aa7f2b67_o.jpg

And today-

5898259413_4831c7611f_z.jpg

5898828300_3e27ae0875_z.jpg

5898861108_ddbdfcfb6e_z.jpg

Retired from all bicycle related duties as to avoid catastrophic failure.

5898830804_eb9cf5c0c6_z.jpg

The first pair of selvedge that I made. Five years in, 30+ patches, can't ride my bike with them on but can't let go.

9257865642_13b31f6cf0_c.jpg

9255093889_4174f29f9a_c.jpg

My sewing has improved these days but nothing could replace these.

9258448962_62c0f8187d_c.jpg

Demonator, are those IH's black? I love the color!

theyre actually 634s indigo . he has not wash these for the past 1 and a half years. its now all in silver dust, oil and dust and dirt this guy is a silversmith, bike builder . well wait when he wash