The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

bienvenue Bunga!

Visvim Fluxus 05.

a little less than two years..

IMG_3852.jpg

Really really really dig this. vintage faded shit not super contrasty.

cross-post from LVC thread, found this early '70s 557xx jacket at a flea market couple weeks ago.

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

Made In US small patch with washing instruction

IMG_6132.jpg

Flat buttons (copper?)

IMG_6135.jpg

Double-sided Big E red tab (but the back is upside down)

IMG_6136.jpg

Edited by bunga

X-post from the heavy weight denim championship thread...

Sorry, I've been gone so long....some personal stuff came up.

Anyway, these things are pretty beat...I even had a crotch explosion. I haven't washed them since day one...They've got all kinds of dirt & grime in them. Is anybody else at no washes with me? They haven't gotten much wear since I got into a pretty bad bike accident & I haven't been able to bike since.

Here's a sneak peak until I can do proper updates. It's going to take me awhile to catch up with this thread, but from what little I've seen you guys are all doing great!!!

Man...I've been away so long that there's a whole new version of sufu....

Anyways...without further adieu:

photo-1.jpg

Hi Sufu... Eternal 811... 25 days of wear. I am swimming in these jeans. I skipped the initial soak... so I figure the jeans will shrink with soak or washes later on down the road...but for now I am still holding off the wash despite the not so flattering fit. sized 33 true size 32 or 33 depending.

6673710279_49ec7cd459.jpg

DSC_0196 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6673712949_d5764ef23e.jpg

DSC_0202 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

^^i second that. soak them now before all ur current ataris become even more pronounced, as they will inevitably shift with your first soak or wash. unless u intend to keep them dry indefinitely, in which case, my point is moot.

no soak is a plan & a commitment__ gotta see it all the way through. but, if you're going to soak in a couple of mos or so anyway, better get it over with from the getgo & simplify your life.

imo, 2" movement due to inseam shrinkage is almost negligible really, if you have to srsly think about it. but, if you wear 'em lower now cuz they're loose on the waist, then the combs will be forming a bit more closer to the top block. once the inseam recede + the waist tighten from soak/wash, there will be more than 2" movement on the combs cuz tendency is you'll be wearing them higher/normal on the waist__ unless, of course, you'll be pulling them really low like kids still do.

Edited by BrownMetallic

momotaroXcontext grand indigo 0701MCXX

9 months daily wear. no washes. pretty grimey at this point

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg