The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

hi, i noticed you dont see many of these oki-ni/duffer on this site, so i thought i would post some pics of a pair i have. overall i wasnt overly impressed with these. very dark and didnt fade/show wear that well, also quite stiff. dumped in a drawer now.

couple of original pics (taken from oki-ni site):

dgm44a003ama9.jpg

dgm44a003ml5.jpg

dgm44a003bsj6.jpg

dgm44a003dxl9.jpg

some pics of mine:

jeans001kh7.jpg

jeans002ba8.jpg

jeans003iz2.jpg

jeans004zo2.jpg

lol.. yeh its prob just me to be honest! i lost loads of weight, which seemed to disappear from my legs more than anything, but not my belly, so that doesnt help. i cant stand anything too tight around my gut which makes the legs a bit too baggy on me, therefore i dont get the stretch.

my comments on the feel were based on my rrds i had before them, which were much softer and seemed to break/fade a lot quicker which i liked. i have some lvc 47 on the way, so will see how they turn out - just hope they fit me better than my 44's.

yep. was annoying me. i dont really like buckles anyway and at one point i wanted to wear a belt and the cinch was making it uncomfortable. i also cut the bottom of the jeans off to shorten them. oh, and i cut off the label.

i get bored easily. on a pair of nudies i had i removed the label and the pocket stitching... makes them a little diff from the norm. i think i removed the buckle on a pair of levis collection i had too. will have to go find them and see!

So, I posted my 3-month old RRDS a few pages back, questioning whether to wash them, and I'm going to keep going until at least 6 months are up. But I'm just not seeing a lot of fading. I'm not super-active in them, since I usually wake up, put them on, do the whole class, study, eat thing, and go to sleep. But I don't see the dye breaking in a lot of spots. The creases are great, the jeans are awesome, but I'm going to want some nicer fading at some point. I know that it's possible to get great fading on relaxed jeans, and I wear them like most on the forum do. Should I starch them? I've never done that and was opposed to it since I wanted to do the whole thing naturally, like I truly wear my jeans, but I'm afraid that after 6 months I'm going to be disappointed.

So, I posted my 3-month old RRDS a few pages back, questioning whether to wash them, and I'm going to keep going until at least 6 months are up. But I'm just not seeing a lot of fading. I'm not super-active in them, since I usually wake up, put them on, do the whole class, study, eat thing, and go to sleep. But I don't see the dye breaking in a lot of spots. The creases are great, the jeans are awesome, but I'm going to want some nicer fading at some point. I know that it's possible to get great fading on relaxed jeans, and I wear them like most on the forum do. Should I starch them? I've never done that and was opposed to it since I wanted to do the whole thing naturally, like I truly wear my jeans, but I'm afraid that after 6 months I'm going to be disappointed.

well if you wanna do it natural and you want the jeans to reflect how you live your life then maybe you shouldnt do anything to them. If you are not active in your jeans then they will not fade.

If you dont care about the "this is my life"-jeans thing then theres lots of things you could do which doesnt take much time and gives nice fades:

- Find some stairs and walk up and down while taking steps of 2-3 stair-steps at the time

- Do squats (knee bend, back straight)

So far this has worked very nice for my Ande Whalls..

Are the Lees in the rotation at all stun? Partial to those.

Not that these are bad. Just that those are what I got.

Sorry to hear you took another hit. Damn cars are a nuisance.

Great experiment Sam, they are looking well trashed! I might do the same with a freind of mine, he's a welder, boozer and all round hardman. He eats Jeans in 6 months like your mate.