The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Idk if anyone around here would care about these, but I decided to try a pair of Diesel's new turbodenim (accelerated fading raws, they claim that they go from "raw to vintage in 30 days"). They start out as a basic indigo dyed raw but they're treated with some sort of enzyme that speeds the fading process. Not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to work relatively well. I guess they're kind of like the "fast food version of raw denim", as I've heard it put, but they're fun, pretty inexpensive (can get them for $150 from ssense) and if you happen to mess them up, it won't take years and years to get a good wash back. In any case, I've just gotten 34 wears in so far (no washes, soaks, etc) and here's what mine look like as of now:

5356432710_8047a72daf_b.jpg

5355820077_5f1e6d184c_b.jpg

5356432940_c9c24452e2_b.jpg

5355820619_7cbe24847a_b.jpg

Yeah yeah, everyone around here hates Diesel and these aren't very special yet, but these are going to look pretty sick after 6 months of wear.

Yeah yeah, everyone around here hates Diesel and these aren't very special yet, but these are going to look pretty sick after 6 months of wear.

awesome man!! keep at it, i really want someone work on something that we don't see everyday

Kind of just seems like a weak dye job being flipped around but at least it may be a stepping stone for people who want to get into wearing them raw. $150 seems a little steep for that though.

Also apologies if it sounds ignorant, just my opinion.

I never heard of those Levis Imprint, thanks for the link. I guess the Diesel's aren't that original of an idea then... haha. In any case, I thought that they wear relatively fast, but they dont' seem to be "10 times faster" than raws as I've seen it claimed. I really haven't worn mine all that hard though, so I think it's probably still a fair amount faster than normal. Whether that's from some magic enzyme or just a weaker dye job, i have no idea. haha.

^imo, that is still fast for 34 wears. I sure as Hell know my samurais will not look as worn as the front portion (knees especially). But, the combs could definitely be worn more. Not much fades, but definitely pretty cool nonetheless.

Idk if anyone around here would care about these, but I decided to try a pair of Diesel's new turbodenim (accelerated fading raws, they claim that they go from "raw to vintage in 30 days"). They start out as a basic indigo dyed raw but they're treated with some sort of enzyme that speeds the fading process. Not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to work relatively well. I guess they're kind of like the "fast food version of raw denim", as I've heard it put, but they're fun, pretty inexpensive (can get them for $150 from ssense) and if you happen to mess them up, it won't take years and years to get a good wash back. In any case, I've just gotten 34 wears in so far (no washes, soaks, etc) and here's what mine look like as of now:

Are these the one?http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/tepphar_jeans/32370

They are not saying it's the turbodenim

Are these the one?http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/tepphar_jeans/32370

They are not saying it's the turbodenim

Yeah, I think those are the same, not sure why it doesn't say turbodenim on there. I bought mine from diesel.com though. Maybe Ssense just has a similar wash for sale there.

im not really pleased with these pictures, i think the flash really dulled the look of the fade.

so i had these for about a year and a half and i wanted a really vintage-y looking fade so i washed these at least once a month.

oh and i just got the gulls redone so thats why they still look fresh.

dscn2976s.jpg

dscn2977.jpg

dscn2979t.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone, btw. I'm actually eyeing samurais for my next pair. As for the knee wear on these, most if it is probably from the indigo rubbing off on the carpet when I kneel down to take pictures for eBay (I do a lot of eBay...), so maybe the indigo comes off a little more easily from contact with other surfaces but no faster than normal from just basic wear. Who knows... I'll definitely go with the real deal next time though.