The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^ he did it again kids, go figure. don't act so suprised.

the patch on those canes is whoa. the little bit of hair left takes the cake. kiya's got the right idea. post rarely, yet impressively.

washing the SDAs won't make them fade any faster or slower. the wash just brightens the already crocked areas, and rinses away all the loose indigo micro chips. a wash would also do those indigoskins and sams some justice too. boy am i predictable.

he just looks really sad

Aw, come on, doesn't he get marks for the size of his truncheon??

I love that he gets dissed for trying too hard. Doesn't everyone??

washing the SDAs won't make them fade any faster or slower. the wash just brightens the already crocked areas, and rinses away all the loose indigo micro chips

I think I agree.. they keep their indigo pretty well, I"ll certainly be washing mine at six months because for a start I'll be bored as well as stinky by then. I don't think SDA are designed for that real high-contrast fade, it's much more a purist, vintage look where you get more fade on the lap than the whiskers.

The whole not-washing thing started with Nudie and APC because they lose so much of their indigo on the first wash, I don't know of many other jeans that do that.

I think I agree.. they keep their indigo pretty well, I"ll certainly be washing mine at six months because for a start I'll be bored as well as stinky by then. I don't think SDA are designed for that real high-contrast fade, it's much more a purist, vintage look where you get more fade on the lap than the whiskers.

The whole not-washing thing started with Nudie and APC because they lose so much of their indigo on the first wash, I don't know of many other jeans that do that.

^ not if the indigo is quality, and the dye job is good. i've noticed that denime seem to be designed for 'vintage' type fading as well. funny thing is if you actually do hard labor in them for a decent amount of time, they will get a 'vintage' looking fade no matter how often you wash. i guess real physical work wears more of the overall surface area of the denim.

chime in folks, don't we all love a good discussion?

Hard work/wear will cause more fading from abrasion, and the funkiness that causes lends itself to more frequent washing (vintage fades). Wqshing softens the fabric and with it creases, which would fade more from repetitive bending (high contrast fades). At least that's how I think it works.

I have Eternals and PBJs that have been through major ordeals and have been washed accordingly. Taking a different approach with the SDAs. I'm sure they'd be just fine after a wash, but I haven't been compelled to do so yet.

fit has alot to do with it too... youre not gonna get a vintage fade with a pair of skinny jeans.

id say tho, it comes down to fit, denim, and wear. i think with enough wear, any jeans will be faded enough to have a real vintage look... its just that some fade faster than others... and when you combine not washing, which keeps the denim stiff, and tight fits that are common on sufu, you come out with high contrast faded on the honey combs and whiskers.

xpost from the FC contest thread

#81 checking in. 0105C started on March 15, 2009 and ended March 13, 2010. Worn mostly on weeknights and weekends, salaryman style. The fading really started coming out in the past couple of months, and I'm looking forward to continuing to wear them after the crotch gets fixed.

Inside pictures: ugly rainy day over the weekend

img2484o.jpg

img2506p.jpg

img2552e.jpg

needs some repairing...

img2533o.jpg

Took some outdoor pics today on the docks, nice and sunny!

img2557b.jpg

img2558.jpg