The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Yeah CMF, i think it all comes down to wear ultimately. If people wear jeans for 12 months but never do anything physical in them then they can't be compared to someone biking/skating/working outside in theirs for a just a few months.

The best fades I have ever had were on some old Holmes jeans (before Holmes turned into Silas) and I skated in them almost every day and washed them every month or so ...

i was thinking about something else last night. if you never wash your jeans they will eventually stretch to the point where they sit much lower than when new. that would effect the location of the creases, right? it seems like it would be easier to keep well defined creases with, if not frequent washes, frequent soaks. if your jeans are well made indigo loss is minimal, so why not? remember the "president jeans" from chickens post? darker and washed much more than the rest.

i could be wrong...

She knows.

She's very interested- gets quite excited each time I bring home a new pair. Sometimes she notices that I'm wearing new jeans before I tell her.

She also knows the Nudie pocket stitch- both me and mom have Nudies.

I showed her the post and now she wants to check the responses - so thanks for all the kind words everyone. It puts a big smile on her face.

that puts a smile on my face! :)

wow thanks, i wore them pretty tight so i guess they faded quick, i think you really gotta wash the olas early and often, they seemed to fade really quickly after the first wash. I did do alot of skateboarding in these jeans tho, you can see where the griptape rubbed up against the left side of my leg when i hold it. Id wear them more but the fit is just crap on me now and the fone mark kinda annoys me. probably should have washed them hotter too, only ever did 30C cos i didnt want that fone mark to get anyworse.

okinawas after five months and one wash

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

they're coming along decently but given that its been a lot of hot months, I haven't been as active in them as I would like to be. The crotch/inner thigh stripes have really come out pronounced, I think due to the fact that I do a lot of studying with heavy books on my thighs in the following position:

IMG_4743.jpg

The wildswans coin purse fade on the rear left pocket is finally starting to be visble. I'm contemplating sanding for a little more definition. What do you guys think?

IMG_4746.jpg

I covet your wallet...is this a sin?