The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

After

tf_af.jpg

tf_af1.jpg

tf_af2.jpg

tf_af3.jpg

colin those look good. especially the lap fade, very subtle, awesome.

stretch denim can sometimes be a bitch to break because they yield to alot of that pressure instead of busting. but i have found that after the first wash they will really start to go go go. i bet after a few months and another wash they will look even better.

the past few fades...how do people keep getting like basically sceientific horizontal faded honeycombs?

Yeah, I don't get those on my Oni's coz it's not that tight. I've been wearing my Eternal 811 and even though it's slimmer in fit, it is much much more comfortable. But having said that, the Oni's are still my fave. I just hope I get those killer honeycombs. doubt it though....

I was just wondering if anybody has ever gotten a decent fade from a pair of jeans made with Ola denim. (So either Olas or the last two runs of FGs.) I seriously dont think its ever been done before, Ive never seen it even on mynudies... so with that I figure I should post the fade ive acquired on my six month FGs with no wash yet.

fade.jpg

Its been incredibly difficult even getting that. Three cans of starch and a ton of work. I'm hoping to wash them on March 3rd so as to give them exactly a year of wear.

I have seen some olas that were faded pretty well. I am almost certain there are some on mynudies.

My RRDS are looking great after a few weeks, but there's a bit of scuffing/ripping occurring where the cuffs meet. I think I cuffed them a little too low on one side, and can't change it now, but does the cuff line look silly once the jeans are washed and possibly shrink?

what['s the hurry to get lots of wear? enjoy their long life

I guess its just that after 6 months of everyday wear and heavy labor I was expecting more of a treat. I'm not planning on washing them yet, but I would love to see some better results.

I look at the helmuts back on pg 11 everyday... I can't stop looking at them, wish I had a pair, I have a pair of non-selvage classic denim helmuts that I want to start on but RB11's only have a little more than 4 months on them and now the samurai contest being first priority is pushing everything back...*sigh

okinawas after five months and one wash

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

they're coming along decently but given that its been a lot of hot months, I haven't been as active in them as I would like to be. The crotch/inner thigh stripes have really come out pronounced, I think due to the fact that I do a lot of studying with heavy books on my thighs in the following position:

IMG_4743.jpg

The wildswans coin purse fade on the rear left pocket is finally starting to be visble. I'm contemplating sanding for a little more definition. What do you guys think?

IMG_4746.jpg

Guest jeffvyain

don't even think about fucking up those beautiful jeans with sandpaper.

i don't mind people taking pictures of their japanese every month or so...that's what ryu's site looks like... that's real evolution...taking a look at all the steps on the way to greatness.