The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

My RRDS after 10 months before and after wash. I couldn't wait any longer.

8e3252816c.jpg

ecbc4ca160.jpg

285b6bd3d2.jpg

Hey,

By anychance people got picture when H&M Sliq faded??

Or do they even fade?? hehe

CHeer,

Dub.

here are my sliq stretch after a soak and one machine wash at 6 months or so.

they other pair is completely unworn. i starched them pretty heavy at first.

1001742ts1.jpg

i have tried on other pairs of the sliq (raw stf and dark with no stretch) and the cut on these is slimmer and the denim looks better imo. they also have double stitching on the outseam (like slim jims) unlike the newer versions.

1001738yf8.jpg

the do fade but very slow to lose color. and there is alot of streakiness and vertical "falling" to the denim so the fading isnt very pronounced yet. and the denim is pretty cheap but very slubby and textured like cheapo pbjs or svenskas

1001751ua2.jpg

here they are after one more wash at about 9 months. these have gotten plenty of wear. about 4 months of that time was waiting tables, plus skating, yard work etc.

1002523cu5.jpg

the honeycombs are there but due the the slubbiness/streakiness are not very visible.

for $40 bucks they are pretty great.

hope this helps.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the results. There are quite a few holes or beginnings of holes on these jeans that I didn't realize were there before the wash. That always happens though. The wash tends to open holes up a bit more. I plan on stitching up the cuffs, because I would hate for those to rip off and make them unwearable. I think I will wear these for a couple more months. I might not. I am itching to start on my samurais. The feel of dry denim is too tempting. If I do wear them it will only be for a few days a week and I would wash regularly... about every two months. My jean shops need some attention.

I guess you know your addicted to dry denim when you consider "washing regularly" is every two months.

Those look great rnrswitch! The before and afters look completely different, similar to my APCs right now. Did you use a detergent when you washed them?

No detergent at all. I wanted to keep some of that greenish dirty color.

Thanks folks. The before pics are kinda miss leading. The jeans were pretty faded before, but photographing ralfs when they are still dry is pretty difficult with their sheen and all. The colore on the after pics is almost exact.

I am wearing them now and damn I love the fit. I think i forgot how great these jeans fit. I am going to wash these everytime I feel they are too baggy on me.

Oh yeah and no detergent at all. I wanted to keep some browns and greens from the dirt, but I think they still got washed out.