The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Samurai S5000 BK, Size 31, about 2 years old to the day. Last posted these a few months ago, and have taken a few more pics after a bit more wear and a couple more washes.

Edit: I have also posted some detail pics in the Samurai thread http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1889039&postcount=6134

imgp0929.jpgimgp0929.jpg

imgp0931.jpg

imgp0932n.jpg

imgp0930.jpg

yeah, I'm pretty unhappy to lose weight (when was that a bad thing?) and not being able to wear these no more.

There 17" on the waist and the inseams are 29"

lol they would fit me haha... i know how you feel man same shit is going on with my rrls i have to soak em or wash em constantly now cuz they get so baggy and stretch out so quick now...and i wear a belt too

x-post from samurai

280709.jpg

2807094.jpg

2807091.jpg

2807092.jpg

2807093.jpg

2807095.jpg

Nothing much, but haven't seen anyones USA's up in here for a while... 14 months on and off (didnt wear em much while I was in the Army)

Levis JP A-Type 606 -- 1 soak, 1 wash -- I lost count of how many days worth of wear went into these. I don't wear them very often nowadays, but they're my main beater jeans for hard labour, yardwork and outdoorsy stuff...the patches aren't as noticeable when worn

sdsfsfd.jpg

dfghsdf.jpg

goddamn, so many hot jawns(&mr.freedom shirt) the last few pages, i don't have enough rep to spread. khoiphan, those bitches ain't done yet, they ain't falling apart! they only get better(you to, klutz!). i was just about to ask if someone is still on the sam USA models, and i get blessed with pics. the evo thread has been the shit the last few weeks...

yo lendo, i dropped by the other day to drop off your LVCs since i was in the ole' hood with a sack of nuggets, but you weren't there. i should've called first. i'll have em back to you in a skinny....

Samurai S5000 BK, Size 31, about 2 years old to the day. Last posted these a few months ago, and have taken a few more pics after a bit more wear and a couple more washes.

Edit: I have also posted some detail pics in the Samurai thread http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1889039&postcount=6134

imgp0929.jpgimgp0929.jpg

imgp0931.jpg

imgp0932n.jpg

imgp0930.jpg

since noone else will say it, this is fucking unbelievable. great fucking job. i can't rep you.

those blacks are sicko!

a noob was talking smack about cotton thread, so i asked someone who would know about it, here's my question:

''hey gordon, i just have one small question....what kind of thread is this that you've been sending me? this shit is incredible. i've been searching here in town for cotton thread, and none of the shop workers have ever seen anything like this. its not as shiny/lustrous, its tighter-spun, and thicker than anything i can find, so i can only assume its japanese(has to be). do you get it from one of the labels you deal with(FC/WH/oni) and if not can you tell me where i can procure a roll from? thanks. --salaam--

the response:

That thread is from Japan and was given to me by some of the brands (WH, Sam, etc.) and is not sold outside of Japan. Its made special for jeans manufacturing, down to the fine detail of leaving the core of the strands white to assist in color fading, same as how the indigo threads of the denim is dyed. They use only the finest cotton, spin the thread tight, and twist it in such a way as to create a beautiful braid not seen on your average cotton thread and with a smooth finish. I wouldn’t be able to get a roll of it for you but could supply you with small amounts as need be.

Regards,

Gordon

vivo cotton thread, bitches!

3 months wear

3 months later and i've given them their first wash. I'll tell you what, i am pleasantly surprised at how well these are holding their color. There are definite subtle differences in their appearance, and they are considerable less hairy. These are going to be very hard to fade, but it shall be a labor of love!

just a word on any "adjustments" made to the pictures: my camera's a bit iffy on representing the true color. any adjustments made are to try and get the true darkness of the jeans.

Take 5 x Momotaro, 6 months - 1st wash:

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

10.jpg