The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

FC 1108 stock non-contest jawns. the cement saw we were using is bipolar, so we took-off early for the day. this is after like literally 10-15 minutes of actual work. washed yesterday, as if that matters. now i gotta go lay on concrete and screw some shit on the bottom of a trailer. gotta love it! i ain't washing until after this job is complete. no use otherwise....work bitches!

20t40hk.jpg

2mw5iea.jpg

bunga shoulld send SDA some pics. they should send him a free pair or something. my pics dont do justice but you all get the idea...

@salaami - yours is looking to be a future classic, if it's not already. =)

@duck sauce - 33 this year, been wearing used vintage/denim since i was 17. the irony is when i was a broke student vintage or used clothing were dirt cheap but now it's coveted and costs more than new clothes!

[xpost from samurai thread]

Today marks the 10th month of wear on my S510XX AI-Ns. 1 initial soak, 1 wash at 6mo, next wash at a year.

Pics indoors w/ just window light, the lighter versions of the pics are 3 shot exposure blends to better simulate how the faded areas look in direct sun:

(click for bigger)

th_P6104938_cr.jpgth_P6104936_7_8.jpg

th_P6104945_cr.jpgth_P6104945_6_7.jpg

@salaami - yours is looking to be a future classic, if it's not already. =)

@duck sauce - 33 this year, been wearing used vintage/denim since i was 17. the irony is when i was a broke student vintage or used clothing were dirt cheap but now it's coveted and costs more than new clothes!

dang bunga, keep up the good work. speaking of old school vintage stuff, my dad said that all STF's came with selvage, and that it wasnt a big deal (they were relatively inexpensive too) .. oh how the times have changed..

Where did all that denim go??? Why didn't people know to stock up on it?

it's the same with every other vintage object - from cars, denim, toys etc - those things are everyday things that were meant to be used and abused, no one at that time would have thought that 20 or 30 years down the line that people would be fawning over them. it's also about the rarity factor, the rarer something is, the more people want it. just my two cents.

dscf0136p.jpg

這件是 The Real McCOY'S 出品的 S613XH 從2008年10月20號開始穿起

平均大約每週穿3天左右,目前的狀況是整件褲子較容易摩擦到的部位幾乎已經沒有初期因為棉纖維翹起的“白色絨毛“

但是褲子顏色仍然很深且所有摩擦的痕跡與刷紋尚不明顯

dscf0135x.jpg

照片中頂多看得出刷紋位置的雛形

許多人在養褲子這條漫長的路上最大的困擾就是時間和耐性

有的人覺得已經穿了數個月甚至一年多,卻沒有想像預期中的成效

甚至連照片中的“雛形“都不明顯

其實因為每件褲子的材質、版型、個人穿著習慣、、、、等等因素

確實造成每個人養褲子的過程中有不同的反應及效果

本篇重點在於告訴您

當褲子的布料已經達到照片中顯示的狀況時

請繼續努力

因為接下來色落的速度將會飛快的增加

dscf0140g.jpg

我個人稱這個階段為 “色落的分水嶺“

原因在於當褲子的布料在被使用達這個階段時

表面的纖維已經多數因為各種因素 如:摩擦、水洗、、、、等因素

脫落得差不多

而牛仔布料上的染色通常不會完全滲透入整束棉纖維的最裡層

也因此才有所謂的“色落現象“產生

(因為表面纖維脫落而透出內層染料未染到的內層白色部份)

而且會是漸層的效果

dscf0137irf.jpg

當布料到達這樣程度的狀況就表示

每多一次的穿著、摩擦

就會讓棉布纖維脫落後多顯現一分棉纖維束內部的白色

也就是造成多一分的“色落“

這種速度將是初期穿著褲子實無法相比較的

因此建議各位當褲子穿到這樣的程度時

更應該好好把握與努力,讓自己理想的刷紋更出色

dscf0139x.jpg

yea the patch came off in the last wash. the 'Coke' wash is basically a small good ol' bottle of Coca-Cola mixed in with some strong detergent - i've only tried this a couple times as it's believed that it'll create a super corrosive mix, so powerful that it destroyed the patch? i don't know frankly. soak overnight, wash with hands for about 20 minutes and hung out to dry. no machine-wash or spin dry.

basically that's how i wash all my jeans - soak overnight or for a few hours with cold or midly warm water, then wash and wring by hand and hung out to dry. maybe i should experiment with machine wash sometime.

heard about this (the 'Coke' wash) from some local denimheads and decided to give it a try. Denime is still my favorite Japanese denim brand, they're the first Japanese denim brand I found out about and the denim they use is capable of creating very beautiful worn-out jeans.

Bunga, do you wash your jeans inside out or not. It looks like you might not due to the light crease marks in normal dark areas.