The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

merzbot your pants are just amazingly good, super great stuff, I hope to see more updates later

do all your evisu fit like that??

nice little discussion going on back there about hip flare:D absolutely no offence taken from anyone. Not all my jeans (Evisu or otherwise) fit like that, but I quite like the look, and as jubei says- it is nice to ba able to move. I have a pretty big arse, so super skinny (of which I've had 2 or 3 pairs in my time) always look a bit silly. Also personally I agree with kixslf that I feel I've done skinny jeans and it's time for something different. Someone I know folds the back hem of his jeans into a pleat before doing a turn-up so you get a super-tapered ankle. I think it looks really cool.

Those 2001s and my Yamane Deluxe pair are the widest/most hippy I have, and they;ve also been some of my favourites

I'll try to get a fit pic of my Evisu Deluxe silk denim out today- they;re similar to the 2001s but not as extreme.

skistar, how you gonna show repair,but no front/back pics? have a heart! oh, poly's blacks are par-excellence. whats up w/the PRPS?

sorry! i posted some evo pics a months ago after the first wash but I have some other ones I can share. about 7 mo, nights and weekends, 1 soak 1 wash

DSC04568-1.jpg

DSC04554-1.jpg

crazy color difference from the calf to the thigh...

DSC04562-1.jpg

edit: these are all before the repairs BTW

me too! great stuff dkatz. Although seeing these pictures really reminds you how much the lighting conditions can affect how the jeans look. If someone switched the 5months and 9months photos I'd believe them.

I had the same thought, and considered just posting the new and 9month pics. If you look closer though, and pay attention to the actual characteristics of how the fading is happening and the contrast between lighter and darker parts of the jeans, rather than just looking at the general overall color tone, it's pretty noticeable how much they've changed (not to mention the rear-pocket tearing present in the 9month but not 5month).

another pair of Skull 5010 6x6 (these were one-wash). Have worn them for 15 months now and washed about 5 times (hot machine wash-dried hung). Its about time for a replacement jeans now since holes are developing all around ,but asked Shinichi san for a repair kit with some denim patches anyhow so they can survive till my new jeans arrive.

f_IMG0914m_c355b8a.jpg

f_IMG0916m_12d6e80.jpg

f_IMG0917m_c79fea1.jpg

Guest El Salvador

These are my Samurai bk's after about 6 months of wear. No wash yet!

front (/w flash)

frontflash.jpg

front (no flash)

frontnoflash.jpg

back (/w flash)

backflash.jpg

back (no flash)

backnoflash.jpg

No contrast/brightness tweaking.

I'll update after another 6 months!