The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Seemed interesting to me too, my mom has a couple persimmon trees so I thought it wouldn't be difficult for me to harvest the fruit, until I read that you have to ferment the juice 2-3 years before it gets the right color for dyeing. But after I'm done with my contest jeans, I might play around with some kakishibu (persimmon juice dye)

There is an over-dyeing thread somewhere.... a guy posted a pic of some fermented japanese persimmon juice... to be used for dyeing... If i can find it i ought to PM him. Dont really have any quality selvedge jeans id be willing to dye... doing that to eternal 868 or my sc40500 WOULD be sacrilege!

my Samurai 710's at 3,5 months

2 initial hot soaks, then a hot soak at 2,5 months and a was the other day:

sams1.jpg

sams2.jpg

it was hard to capture the color and fade, but used PS to make them as close as in real life. pics taken under natural sun light

someone posted these on t5-forum. 6months worn, 3 washes.

very nice outcome, imo.

uIMG_3659.jpg

uIMG_3640.jpg

uIMG_3649.jpg

uIMG_3642.jpg

uIMG_3653.jpg

uIMG_3655.jpg

uIMG_3651.jpg

heads up to the original poster and owner of these babies, patrick731.

oh thats patricks pair! a good friend of mine and a staff of take5 he's a great guy and fuck he's fading crazy jeans.. wait till you see his fh 3005's!!!

RETIRED (from oni thread)

heres the last time I washed and took pictures of these for a long time... Next paycheck I'm buying something a new pair of something. I hate to part ways with these but its time for something new, plus I'm not so sure how much longer they can stand up to daily wear. A ton of the warp threads are breaking/wearing though on the tops of the leg/knee and I cant keep up with repairing the same spots plus new ones that need attention. I'd rather keep them in decent shape than wear them hard until they are destroyed or have some kind of blowout.

anyway , here are some of the evo pics Ive taken over the course of the past 17 months, with the newest ones at the bottom

4 months- oni4.5001_edited.jpg

sometime after that (not sure)- mini-ONI75009.jpg

8-9 months jawn002Medium.jpg11 months- jawnz6.jpg

13-14 months- jawns1.jpg17 months ---------------

front-2.jpg

back-1.jpg

pocket.jpg

sorry for the number of pictures