The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Quote:

Thanks for the comments. I'm probably going to wash them really soon because they're really dirty from walking in mud and dirt. I'll post some new pics then.

--- Original message by 2000dB on Mar 13, 2006 11:29 PM

Washing jeans is like a box of chocolates-you never know what you're gonna get.

For those of you not in the know, the quote is from the movie "Good Will Hunting."

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the comments. I'm probably going to wash them really soon because they're really dirty from walking in mud and dirt. I'll post some new pics then.

For those of you not in the know, the quote is from the movie "Good Will Hunting."

--- Original message by swifferman on Mar 14, 2006 09:50 PM

lol

FINALLY!!!! I can contribute to this thread...

Edwin ED-47, non selvedge. Worn for about 4 months, washed three times (first wash was after two months):

1313107img3hu.jpg

1313108img3hb.jpg

thinking about what my next project's gonna be... any suggestions for a regular cut jean w/o a baggy ass like most classic jeans?

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

FINALLY!!!! I can contribute to this thread...

Edwin ED-47, non selvedge. Worn for about 4 months, washed three times (first wash was after two months):

1313107img3hu.jpg

1313108img3hb.jpg

thinking about what my next project's gonna be... any suggestions for a regular cut jean w/o a baggy ass like most classic jeans?

--- Original message by jubei on Mar 15, 2006 04:26 PM

nice work for such a condensed project...wow I am beginning to realize fashion denim is an exercise in futility...

still waiting on TragicBliss' pics of his Diors...

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by swifferman on Mar 14, 2006 09:50 PM

Wow buddy...

There's nothing similar about those two movies.

LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

kixslf- yeah, they're 100% real... keep in mind that the jeans are super lit up because of the flash... also, those ed-47s were fairly grey cast, so there wasn't too much color to be lost. Compare with these raw ones:

http://www.norsestore.com/site/commodity/_p/3893/

As far as washing schedule goes, I was trying to follow the formula of the Japanese guy who posted up monthly updates of his SC 47s. He wore them in from a one wash state for about two months before his first wash and then washed them about once a month and ended up with fantastic jeans:

http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/sc1947.htm

my two next projects are a slim fit RRL and a regular fit Edwin 505 SXR. The double RRL is a bit too tight (nearly nut hugging) and the Edwins are a bit too loose (the ass is humongous), so I'm curious to see how those two are gonna turn out.

Regular STF's, after 1 lukewarm soak and 1 cold overnight soak. 4 months of wear and weekly starch. I kind of ruined them after a hot machine wash to shrink.

levisfront.JPG

levisback.JPG

Edited by amadoriv on Mar 30, 2006 at 02:56 PM