F/S: handmade knitted custom beanies/ hats

sistersuzie

Hm, I looked over the thread, and I didn't see it asked, but can you also knit gloves :X? If so, once winter comes around I'll be buying most of my knitty winter wear stuff from you XD

nah unfortunatly I can't

But my grandma told me she could teach me how to make mitts when I'll see her at the begining of October. We'll see what I can do about that, then ;)

Here's something new too:

The beanie is short and fits on your head without being loose or tight.

The knots are funky, knitted with some fluffy yarn.

Here's the blury result:

1405278481_30e97f468e.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.

Here's the prototype. I couldn't find any pattern so I just made one.

It was the first try so I have a few idea how to make it look better next time.

Let me know what you think.

I think that I should make it smaller. It's quite loose. It looks good, but I'M not sure.

argg

Here it is:

1431023603_5da9599a87_o.jpg

1431898562_202d03a7e7_o.jpg

1431898314_660e132b4d_o.jpg

Oh, and eddyz, I know what you're talking about. I think I could find it :)

That hood looks really great. How much are you charging for it?

85$ + shipping

Hey suzie, any chance you would mind taking some more pics of the peruvian, mainly from the side and back with you wearing it? It looks kind of poofy, I don't think I want a

"tight" fit but I also think the "loose" fit is going to be too big for the way i'll be wearing it.

I don't have the peruvian beanie with me anymore. But I can make it fit to your head without being too loose nor too tight. I guess that you want an "adjusted" fit, or something like that.

that hood combined with a scarf would be great, like someone posted before...

if you can make something like that (im sure you can), what would the price be?

and how much would shipping to germany cost?

god im in love with your work.

I can make something like that easily, but I'd have to charge something like 200$ Nothing sure though) maybe. It takes a whiiiiiiiile to make the hood by itself, with the scard it would take an eternity. For a hooded scarf I think would be around 20? I'd have to go check at the post office.

And thanks for the compliment :)

Just wanted to add that you can have a hat made with real wool for between 5 and 10$ more.

I like the shape, it's very great. I would totally get that if it was less chunky (which would probably make it even more expensive). I don't think I'll pull through with a purchase right now but it looks like people are interested. Good stuff sistersuzie. Sigh I can imagine myself with a deep burgundy one on my head....

p.s. I love the buttons, I would suggest you give us choices on buttons (make it customizable).

Nah, it wouldn't be more expensive to make it less chunky. I decided to make the next one thiner and tighter than that.

Buttons wouldn't be a problem at all either, I put those ones because they were neutral but you have many possibilities.

ok suzie. im fuckin poor but i will save some money in the next couple of months and i will get back at you.

keep up the good work :)

(and stick around long enough, so i can purchase one of those hoods with an attached scarf :))

for sure! :)

Take out some of the bulk in the chin area of the hood. It might have to be a lighter weight yarn or maybe making the hood deeper, but it doesn't frame your face that great. Looks fantastic around your neck, though.

Bump fo' free cause you're in my neck of the woods.

Like I said, I was thinking of making it tighter, thiner, and of course, smaller in the chin area. It was my first try so I just wanted to see what was possible and everything.

THanks!

wow, that hood is amazing, im def gonna order one when it gets cold, attached scarf would be awesome (i guess as an extension off of one of the endz?). I'd probably need mine to be oversized as well since my head is rather large.

The hood that I made is actually wayyy too large for me. It's like twice my head, at least. A hooded scarf is actually a scarf, fold on the head and attached at the back. The hood that I made is a little different: it's fold on the back and crocheted on the top. But it's not very difficult to make one or the other.

wow, the hood looks great! please post some pictures when you do one with thinner material, definitely interested. also, if it were up to me i wouldn't make it any smaller, slightly oversized hoods are cool, just thinner material would be great without a major sizing change. keep up the excellent work.

edit: if you could do something similar to this shape that would be amazing

slideshow.html?slideIndex=61

slideshow.html?slideIndex=60

slideshow.html?slideIndex=62