Robert Geller S/S 08

goldengloves

^ That's a pullover button up shirt actually. The hem and the cuffs are ribbed and don't open. So you unbutton up to the rib and pull it over. It's a really nice piece, one I wish I picked up.

I saw this a couple times and honestly it didn't do it for me. I like the concept but the ribbing at the bottom of the jacket was better suited for a leather jacket and the hassle of pulling it on over my head every time just seems excessive. Overall, I love the IDEA of this piece, as well as the runway shot, just not so fond of it after seeing it in person.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't think much of that shirt either, until i tried it on. actually it was the short sleeved version but damn the fit was incredible and it just felt fantastic on. the dark colour made it a no-go for summer though.

ended up getting the beuys pant, great details, great fit.

has any one else noticed weird sizing on that leather up there? i tried on a 50 and it was too small yet i was a 46 in everything else

the sleeves are too long for you (even with 46).

RG works well for tall + skinny dudes.

you can always get that shit tailored.

i'm like 5'6-5'7 ??? i got the black taped blazer in a 48 and it was yeah like you said, arms too long but once I got it back from the tailor, it's fit well.

lots of designers have 'walking hangers' as models and dudes with different body types wear that shit none the less. some of them not so tall and skinny but it could be pulled off. you could practically buy anything you want (for the most part) and if you have a stupendous tailor, they will do you gold.

is den the only place that carries 44? the 46's are slim, yea, but not enough!

it seems like most of the US stockists only ordered one or two pieces in 44, if any. even den only had like three pieces in 44... japan is your best bet for finding the smaller sizes :(

We got/will be getting more 44s in coming shipments at Blackbird. Unfortunately due to a sizing confusion on my part, though, no bottoms are expected in 44 this time around.

thanks for the pm tyler. sucks about the bottoms -- this season's skinny jeans were still too big in a 44.

=(

i didn't think much of that shirt either, until i tried it on. actually it was the short sleeved version but damn the fit was incredible and it just felt fantastic on. the dark colour made it a no-go for summer though.

ended up getting the beuys pant, great details, great fit.

has any one else noticed weird sizing on that leather up there? i tried on a 50 and it was too small yet i was a 46 in everything else

yeah, leathers fit funky this season but the issue has been addressed for the next collection. Kinda weird considering the ones from fall 07 were ok.

yeah, leathers fit funky this season but the issue has been addressed for the next collection. Kinda weird considering the ones from fall 07 were ok.

my belted leather in sz 46 fits peeeerrrrrfect, and fits about the same as my souvenir jacket with leather trim in the same size. i hope the sizing doesn't change too much for next season!

my belted leather in sz 46 fits peeeerrrrrfect, and fits about the same as my souvenir jacket with leather trim in the same size. i hope the sizing doesn't change too much for next season!

agreed, my belted leather in 48 fits like an absolute dream. I preordered some fw08 stuff in 48... hope it all fits me!

I see so many Cloak references (obviously the leather vest, slanted pants back pocket flap, cardis, etc.) and find myself going like aww that was Geller, not Plokhov? Am I wrong for expecting new Cloak, not RG?

well the frute swagish stuff doesnt seem to have been as popular with buyers as the dark cloak-esque stuff..

the pricepoints are pretty fair for the line however which im quite pleased with

I see so many Cloak references (obviously the leather vest, slanted pants back pocket flap, cardis, etc.) and find myself going like aww that was Geller, not Plokhov? Am I wrong for expecting new Cloak, not RG?

I'm not sure what your getting at with this. You're dissapointed that Geller not Plokov was the style mastermind behind Cloak?

Because you wanted to buy Plokov designed, cloak inspired Versace?

Or was it just dissapointing that the guy with the boring name appears to be the more sufu-friendly of the two?

I don't know what I'm getting at, personally I'm just really stoked on Geller right now.

does the den still have the fencing jackets?

i just got my zucca jacket STOLEN while i was at the library.

FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK

and need a replacement

hmmmm

hey guyz

fencing jacket or that rain jacket i posted above

which one should i git?

Which one is the fencing jacket. Pic? Only prob with the 'rain jacket' is that it's made out of a blazer lining so it doesn't do much to stop rain/wind/etc. It's literally paper thin and is good for only certain temps (spring when it's warm enough to where you don't have to wear a jacket and cold enough that you don't have to just wear a tee.

fencing jacket... lah... they have been a convincing item for me ;)

yeah.

i was at the store 2 weeks ago and they didn't have the "rain" jacket in stock.

i fell in love with the fencing jacket though.

looks dope open and closed

lah

• 2 weeks later...