how long does it typically take for dry selvegde to show some good wear?

M.O.A

i know this may seem like a stupid question but i was kinda curious. I just purchased my first pair of APC unisex jeans and I was wondering how much wear I will have to put into these things to get things such as honeycombs and real good fading... I understand it is a rather lengthy process and that it will be several months, years before i get the desired affect but whats a good ball park?

It really all depends on how much abrasion your jeans will be subjected too.

eg. A cowboy, manual labourer etc will wear a pair of jeans far quicker than someone who just wears jeans in an office job. And rubbing your jeans with abrasives (sandpaper, pumice, carpet, cloth, asphalt whatever) will speed up wear.

Quote: apc's will take alot longer and a lot more work to distress than say nudies as was discussed in another topic. they're so tough!

Not exactly true. There are images someone posted up of A.P.C.s as well as Nudie RRDS with similar wearing time (I think both were 6 months, 2 washes), and the A.P.C. showed more colorfading and wear than the Nudies.