London express

desh_one

I will be heading for London next month in order to checkout the Goldsmiths College. Since I will only be staying for the weekend i need a really compact cultural entertainment strategy. Maybe somebody can give me their toplist (Shops, Bars, Food, Galleries..)

my appreciation

dee

London Weekend.......

Tate Modern. Southwark. (South of the river) Great space and you can walk over the wobbly bridge to St Pauls.

Tate Britain. Pimlico, if you have time but TM is the best......

White Cube Gallery. Shoreditch (East)

Selfridedges Oxford St has a brilliant Brazilian theme going on at the moment. My favourite.

IF you come out of the Mount st side of Selfridge's you can have a sneaky peak down St Christophers place is really cute st to walk down (off the beaten track from Oxford st.) Then you can walk down to th end, cross over the masses in Oxford St the walk down South Molton St and head Bond St .....Gucci,D&G, etc etc Alexander McQueen....

New shops to see Martin Margeila wonderful shop ....it is off Bond st nr Stella Marcartney shop , down a side st, but look carefully as you might miss it.

Claridges....beautiful bar and the best Tequila Cocktails.

Blue Bar at the Berkley . best for Blackberry Martini......Service is suoerb and you never know who you might see , again off the beaton track ( knightsbridge) Sloane st , LV, Pucci Harvey Nics etc etc

Shoreditch is the low key life (understatement) locally know as the 'ditch' .............but otherwise fun whatever time of day creative area, just walking around you never know what you might stumble on or stumble in .....find Hoxton Square , a few bars White Cube Gallery,Cargo good place for music . Charlotte Road has a number of Bars shops. Fun Antipodium . Plus Catto contemporary on Leonard st is good. Bricklayers Arms pub ..

Brick lane , Cheshire st new....spitalfieds market and surrounding areas are worth a visit . Try not to do it at 3 am in the morning , though you might bump into a few ghosts.

Soho Good for coffee and people watching. Old compton St the best.

Covent Garden good for shopping + coffee stop. 7 dials especially for the summer eye excercise. Ask a local where 7 dials is ?

Stoke Newington , Church St . East.....well worth th visit out of central london.

Vessell Gallery , Kensington Park Road . If you like ceramics.

Portobello road. Nottinghill , shopping good here.

I think that is more than enough for a weekend in London.....

Have fun after all it will be summer and londoners always stop to play then. Check Timeout Magazine as soon as you get there, lets you know what is going on. Clubs especially. Fabric East , 333 club, .......