vintage belt question..

it's better to buy the belt and the buckle separately. i've tried to search for this kind of plain buckle but it's very hard to come across. for this type of belts, try "tooled leather belt".

if you can find the buckle, give me a shout.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

i dont know about ebay but if you have a good vintage store that deals in 50s rockabilly gear, they arent too hard to find. on ebay try "motorcycle studded belt" in the vintage clothing section 1947-62

i have 3 belts that style, but they have the leather inlays which that ebay one doesnt have (one is cowhair, 2 are stingray leather) with one of them custom made with rhinestone music notes and initials on the back.

the guy who makes my belts also makes them for Neiman Marcus, Fred Segal and Hollywood Trading Co....right now he is customizing my leather jacket with some cool patterns.

Kewords that might work to narrow your searches, type it in like this:

(Boho, bohemian, hippy, biker, horsehide, steerhide) belt

If you look in vintage you can add things like studded, or studs and not get a bunch of hot topic crap. I was collecting belts that had DICK embossed in the back for a while.

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Quote: I was collecting belts that had DICK embossed in the back for a while.

Man, that'd give off all sorts of wrong signals if you're in the more liberated part of town. You don't want that anywhere near the exit only tunnel. icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

i dont know about ebay but if you have a good vintage store that deals in 50s rockabilly gear, they arent too hard to find. on ebay try "motorcycle studded belt" in the vintage clothing section 1947-62

i have 3 belts that style, but they have the leather inlays which that ebay one doesnt have (one is cowhair, 2 are stingray leather) with one of them custom made with rhinestone music notes and initials on the back.

the guy who makes my belts also makes them for Neiman Marcus, Fred Segal and Hollywood Trading Co....right now he is customizing my leather jacket with some cool patterns.

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Jul 26, 2005 02:08 PM

does he sell belts online? Does he have a website and or catalog or anything?

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it