Could you date someone you arent physically attracted to?

homi29

obviously theres cases where someones looks can grow on you but could you date someone to whom you were NOT physically attracted to upon your first impression

personally i find it hard to really like a girl if shes not physically attractive to me.. even if shes really cool, i'd rather be just friends..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i'ts not really possible.

but we all base physical attractiveness differently and place different amounts of emphasis. if a girl is a 7 but is fukin rad at everything then i'll take her over a lame 8 no question.

corneyness is a major neg 4 me.

yeah i'ts not really possible.

but we all base physical attractiveness differently and place different amounts of emphasis. if a girl is a 7 but is fukin rad at everything then i'll take her over a lame 8 no question.

corneyness is a major neg 4 me.

This man speaks da' troof. Dimes are too much hastle anyway; Gimme' 7 pennies and personality.

Cool chicks who aren't great in the looks department... have serious potential. I realize it sounds kinda ridiculous, but my brain overpowers my cock every time. If they can't hold conversation how the fuckin hell are you gonna deal with that for years on end?!!?!

i've dated someone i wasn't particularly attracted to physically

but i think it was easier for me to build the relationship on their personality because we were good friends from the start

there are times when i see a really hot guy, but their personalities are dirt ugly and it's such a huge turn-off. it's great if it's the opposite of that and they can offer you a lot more in terms of a long-lasting relationship.

i've learned that you've gotta put more emphasis on the conversation. you're gonna be talking for most of the time, as opposed to intercourse or staring at and admiring one another's perfect proportions. if you can't carry on a decent/interesting conversation, that person's a no-go.

Simply put:

Looks attract you to the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases, and you know who you are.)

Personality is what keeps the relationship going.

But to answer the question, i probably wouldn't date someone whom to which i wasn't attracted to because it just won't feel right.

i've dated someone i wasn't particularly attracted to physically

but i think it was easier for me to build the relationship on their personality because we were good friends from the start

there are times when i see a really hot guy, but their personalities are dirt ugly and it's such a huge turn-off. it's great if it's the opposite of that and they can offer you a lot more in terms of a long-lasting relationship.

did u bang him? and if u did, did u enjoy banging him? and if u did enjoy, did u have the lights on? and if u didn't, would u have considered banging him with the lights on from the start?

btw, was it the face or the body that u weren't attracted to? or was it both?

level of attraction is all relative, though.

one man's trash may be another's treasure.

and that's how the world werx.

i think potential is key, i dont have a type per say, but theres girls i didnt think twice about at first, and when i get to know them and see them a bit more i think they're really quite beautiful.

on the other hand some girls theres no saving imo, objectively some people can be very ugly. When it goes beyond the realm of even basic grooming and grotesque obesity, theres no WAY i can see someone as more than a friend.

Maybe i should start the diamonds rule, if a girl is less hot than diamonds i cant be with em

beer goggles

whiskey dick .

i dont have a partner though :(

maybe it's because you're the kind of guy who chooses "poostain" as a nickname.

i've dated girls i wasn't physically crazy about. at the same time if a girl i end up with is dynamite hot and there's no personality clicking going on, i find i fall just as hard anyway....awful.

ps. i love how in this thread, everyone is a straight pimp who pulls only 8s or above. we're denim nerds on the internet guys.

For me personally i go strictly for personality..

Relationships revolve around communication and trust. As you get older anyway, your physical attributes deplete whereas your personality stays in tact. I wouldn't say i go for girls in the 9's though..

Looks are just icing on the cake for me..If you're hot and you;ve got that personality to top it off, then your definitely a pick for me.. But there are some hot girls with some ugly ass personalities that just turn me off.. Sometimes looks can manipulate you into thinkin shit's poppin when in the ending you're just another victim..

Personality > Looks

To answer the question..If im not physically attracted then no..If the personality is there i'd probably just be friends with that person.. There always has to be that physical attraction, no matter what anyone says..

There was a comedian who said,

"If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "