japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Hi guys, first post here so ignore me for my noobish-ness.

But I was wondering where is the best place to stay around Harajuki,Shibuya or Shinjuku? Im looking for accomdation, for around a month and need a place or stay that isn't too over priced. I've been to Tokyo before so I am familiar with the city but always stayed in hotels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

homeless.jpg

im in architecture school and my studio is taking a trip to tokyo in october. we are staying there for a week. i have no idea what to do or where to go. any ideas?

go play some pachinko.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to make a new thread or shit up other thread

Leaving to tokyo/kyoto in 3 days or so...

I need some favour guys, can't find the address for the following stores ....

Muchas gracias if you can help me

- Factotum

- Nonnative

- Pledge

- Lounge lizard

- Attachment

- wjk/akm

- julius (i can probably check their website)

- sophnet

- black flag

- n hollywood

- hare (who knows there might be something good there)

Are those labels actualy available in the big dept store like in Ginza or something?

And would there be any price difference between the flagship store and dept store?

I know its crap asking all these questions, but if you guys can help, it would be very much appreciated :)

Im gonna tell you the addresses how I find them, so if they're japanese just copy paste into google and use the map.

factotum

〒150-0032

東京都渋谷区鶯谷町11-3

Lounge Lizard

東京都渋谷区神宮前6-7-3

Soph

東京都渋谷区神宮前3-34-10

N. Hoolywood (dunno if they have a flag store, but heres one that carries them anyways.)

東京都渋谷区神宮前4-13-16

Black Flag

東京都港区南青山5-4-24

Nonnative (can't find a flag store so--)

東京都渋谷区猿楽町26-13

Pledge

東京都渋谷区鷲谷町1-5

yeah

Julius is closeish to daikanyama train station...go left out of the larger barriers,,then go out the left exit then turn left down the hill..go for about 5 mins and its opposite a large book shop and on the 2nd floor

there are many HARE's around,,the easiest to find is probably in the B1 of the La foret building in Harajuku opposite GAP..

failing that the largest one (that i have seen) is fairly close to the soph store..

SOPH is on the same street(and side) as BAPE KIDS and BAPE CUTS,,,just walk for a futrther3 mins with those bape stores on your right....

you should prob check out Isetan in Shinjuku as they will stock most of these brands i think?

well, in only know for certain they have soph, vis, NN, UC and CDG,,bit of yohji etc...but i dont really look around there too much....

as for the others just check their sites....

I went to the Hare in Daikanyama Address and Harajuku...they have some great stuff...If you really wanna know how to get to them I'll try my best to tell you how. The prices are good too. Rageblue is Hare's sister store, also worth checking out, same price range. They have these KedsxRageblue kicks. Wish i brought enough to buy em.

Don't want to make a new thread or shit up other thread

Leaving to tokyo/kyoto in 3 days or so...

I need some favour guys, can't find the address for the following stores ....

Muchas gracias if you can help me

- Factotum

- Nonnative

- Pledge

- Lounge lizard

- Attachment

- wjk/akm

- julius (i can probably check their website)

- sophnet

- black flag

- n hollywood

- hare (who knows there might be something good there)

Factotum is in daikanyama. It's kinda out of the way but it's sorta close to GDC and Uncut.

I personally like the hare in daikanyama (across from Lift Position and Eliminator). It's

in the 2F of lowrey's farm, I think. From the train station, walk towards daikanyama address. Turn right and walk around address. Lad musician is on your right. Keep going straight and you'll see eliminator and hare.

Tokishirazu in daikanyama or harajuku (used to be in shibuya but they reopened behind atmos harajuku). Tokishirazu is one of the best stores in harajuku, I think. Elite / clean streetwear. Next level shit.

Pledge is right around the corner from tokishirazu. It's right near the train track. As you walk past supreme, there's a little staircase that leads down. As you get to the bottom, make a left. Pledge is a jet-black building with no signs (on your right ).

N. Hoollywood is @ Mr. Hollywood. Behind omotesando hills. If you are coming from aoyama, veer right at the Y intersection. Walk ahead past the first T intersection. Make a right at the second intersection. Walk into what seems to be a driveway and a spooky looking house at the very end of the alley is Mr. Hollywood.

Blackflag is near kotto-dori in aoyama. Very close to rag cie, cabane de zucca, and DSM.

There's a wjk in la foret but it's totally gyaru'd out so i'd rather go to WJK base in nakameguro.

Lounge lizard is on cat street. It's near the oakley and burton TYO flagship stores.

If you are coming from shibuya. it'll be on the left side. Right near Lanvin en Bleu.

I have no idea where julius is. aint my steez.

If I want to stay in tokyo for about a month how much (roughly) should I save up? I have a place to stay and a plane ticket....but how much should i save up for buying shit and going out? I'm staying at a friend's apartment for a month and I want to treat her out like every wkend also.....I think I got about 2k right now..

If I want to stay in tokyo for about a month how much (roughly) should I save up? I have a place to stay and a plane ticket....but how much should i save up for buying shit and going out? I'm staying at a friend's apartment for a month and I want to treat her out like every wkend also.....I think I got about 2k right now..

Or you could work and earn around 10000yen/day. Ranging from construction, counting traffics or giving out tissues. Thats only if you are not high maintainance and could handle tough jobs.:rolleyes:

I've only seen one non asian construction worker and it blew my goddamn mind.

Walking around near my apt. at 2 am and the night crew was working away on some part of a road, and one of the guys was black, and it made me really jealous/ was pretty damn awesome. I don't know why but working construction in Japan as a foreigner would be pretty cool for the simple "....really? construction?!" factor that comes with the title.

Yeah its at Isetan, but youre better off going to the store in Ebisu. It can be a little hard to find, but basically exit the station out of the non garden... umm garden something exit. Its the side with a koban (police box). Cross the street, and walk left (up the street). You will walk for about 5-6 min, and you will see a Sunkus convenience store on the corner (you will also see a viv westwood store before the convenience store). Take a right at the corner, and you will walk up a slight grade. You will only walk for about a min or so, and then you will see an apt building on your left with some little shops and a hair salon on the ground floor. The attachment stores are here, but they are only black glass doors, you will see no signs, etc. BTW, there are 2 stores there at opposite ends of the building. Hope this helps.

Also,

106 1-33-3 Ebisu Nishi

Shibuyaku

Tokyo

Number (N)ine is also in the area, and worth visiting, but check their web site for the map.

Cheers