japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

chinatown; osanbashi and red brick are nice if you are out on a date

shin yokohama ramen museum: honestly, some of the best ramen i've had came from here; usually some unknown famous-for-the-locals spot

shin yokohama skate park

that's about it

i always get my hair cut at Freeman's Sporting Club in Aoyama. It's like 4,000 yen plus tax. They do a sick job and also do scissor based fades. They use baxter and aesop. It's a huge plus. Other American inspired barbershops are like 6500+. 

Freeman's is open everyday but try to go before 3pm. They stop taking appointments at 5ish

Thanks so much for sharing :) Went this afternoon and had the best haircut ever.  

chinatown; osanbashi and red brick are nice if you are out on a date

shin yokohama ramen museum: honestly, some of the best ramen i've had came from here; usually some unknown famous-for-the-locals spot

shin yokohama skate park

that's about it

We ended up going to Kamakura instead, which I think was the right move (I was initially under the assumption that it was farther away).

i always get my hair cut at Freeman's Sporting Club in Aoyama. It's like 4,000 yen plus tax. They do a sick job and also do scissor based fades. They use baxter and aesop. It's a huge plus. Other American inspired barbershops are like 6500+. 

Freeman's is open everyday but try to go before 3pm. They stop taking appointments at 5ish

edit: figured it out, and I'm very happy with my haircut. 

Edited by jstavrin

blue bottle coffee... well. i've been to both current locations and it's decent coffee. i think all their staff works there cause they think they gonna lead the next opening in some part of japan. because most bros there got too much precious facial hair to be just another poor barista in TKO...

whats up with that comme de garcons depato in ginza? kinda spooky...

Edited by martin_henk

there's a fancy new place in nakameguro/aobadai – it looks all white. can't remember the name. 

hey, there's a place in meouro (you walk down gonno skezaka hill and you make a right, right after seijo drug store)

dont go to that one – it sucks the d

found it

http://www.switchcoffeetokyo.com

Edited by herpsky

Don't know how long it has been there but the Koto-ku shop called "Cream of the Crop - クリーム オブ ザ クロップ " now has a more convenient outpost inside Shibuya Hikarie B1F. This shop, About Life, and Arise (and maybe Switch which herp just mentioned) are the most serious about single origin pour-over coffee in the city that i've found. Most others -  like Omotesando Koffee, Streamer, Bear Pond, Nozy, Coffee Valley, Fuglen, Deus Ex Machina, and places that work with Allpress - are more focused on what they can do with an espresso machine.

is it the coffee stand on the first floor of hikarie? hikarie is too hectic

hikarie has a Zenkashoin shop. good branding and A+ snacks.

http://www.zen-kashoin.com

Ishi-datami inspired snack DOPE http://zen-kashoin.com/item/zen-package/item21/

Edited by herpsky