japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Anyone know any epic recs for curry rice in Tokyo? Knew some place in Sendagaya but was closed last time I was there.

my favorites:

- vovo in gakugeidaigaku

- nepalico near shibuya

- mokubaza in harajuku

- marie iranganee (マリーアイランガニー)in shibuya

- sync in ebisu and gakugeidaigaku

- cocoro in shimokitazawa

- kun kare (ãã‚“ã‹ã‚Œ) in nihombashi, i think they also have other locations

not sure when you're visiting but the shimokitazawa curry festival is coming up next month too http://www.timeout.com/tokyo/restaurants/shimokitazawa-curry-festival-2015

i have a question

where can i go to look at native american bracelets? 

I would like something like this but i wanna try it on

http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopdetail/000000003826/049/P/page1/recommend/

also, i'd like something more simple and ~10k. cody sanderson is cool but it has way too much going on for my normcore aesthetic

the joke is shit like that is more overpriced in the us and there's literally no market for that kind of stuff, especially for men in the US so id have to go back to tokyo to find it. 

no, i don't want goro's. it's fucking stupid

Edited by herpsky

my homie's gf is at tokyo for two weeks.

what are some good thrift shops that will have visvim wtaps stuff?

http://www.dondondown.com/don/shoplist/

idk about visvim wtaps but this place is pretty cool. i've seen nice stuff from undercover etc on their instagram. from what i heard the more time passes the greater the discount is on items or something like that

Edited by lchi

used clothes is for peasants and there is, like, nothing good at these stores.

if you are into shitty uc, wtaps, and some other hk-endorsed jp brands, then good for u

ragtag

i mean, you go to shops solely for the purpose of reselling shitty ass goods to asians living in irvine

I haven't, but I have a friend who is a pretty high level sushi chef who did go (and went to a bunch of other sushi places around Japan with similar reputation). He said he enjoyed it, but the price/quality balance really depends on your own expectations. Anyone who has seen the documentary (which I guess most people have) will probably imagine a relaxed night where they slowly take you through the different courses: scrap that, you're in and out in under 45 minutes. My friend said he spend about 40k on it in total, and he advised against visiting it unless you really are that balling or have an extremely refined palette for sushi, e.g. sushi chefs themselves. I myself would probably rather spend that kind of money on 2-3 high end restaurants where you get the full experience rather than the short one at Jiro, but I don't claim to be a true sushi connoisseur in any way so that might also be the reason why.