japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Hakuyosha's premium dry cleaning is pretty popular. From what I heard, a lot of folks take their grails to Cleaning Takimoto in Harajuku. If you own like an archival raf simons piece or something, that's one place you can trust. Don't know if it's open because they don't have a website. It's around the corner from the original UA.

i usually take mine to this local place near my house but when they see the labels, they usually know if it needs extra attention. 

http://www.469430.com/

Why don't u tell us what u wanna clean? Japan is superior to korea in the field of dry cleaning amongst other things.

Go 2 rejouir in azabu juban.

Here now u can move on:

http://www.rejouir.co.jp/index.html

don't have to tell me twice, obviously japan is nicer than korea in general. got better things to do here than in japan myself, though

Hakuyosha's premium dry cleaning is pretty popular. From what I heard, a lot of folks take their grails to Cleaning Takimoto in Harajuku. If you own like an archival raf simons piece or something, that's one place you can trust. Don't know if it's open because they don't have a website. It's around the corner from the original UA.

i usually take mine to this local place near my house but when they see the labels, they usually know if it needs extra attention. 

not archival, but some stuff like a 2011 zipper jacket i wanna take care of, not about to just drop a 2k piece off at some random hole in the wall

America pretty much sucks at everything including dry cleaning. I don't fuck with it unless  they are just work dress shirts or some shit I don't care about. 

hoping japan serves me better on this front. being able to get non-chemical cleaning in america is a big deal, but honestly, went to madame paulette a few times when i lived in nyc and it was absurd...three times the old jackass there asked me what four stitches on the upper back of a garment meant. and even when i'd spell it out for him, it'd come back 'margillo' on my receipts. how do you deal with that shit all day everyday and never learn?

stuff always came back pretty nice, just stupid stupid expensive.

thx will check!

They also were an early supporter of buzz labels like D.TT.K which has the support of the fashion elite in Tokyo.

me and mrip went to a wildstyle party last year and detto kazuma was there also. i talked to him for a bit but his english was not so good; he just kept explaining how his label is abbreviated from his name, like i wasn't understanding this concept.

after that he told me to send him a friend request on fb, so i did. he still hasn't accepted it.

Anyone have eyeglass shop recommendations? Either used or new? Something on the cheaper side, though. I suddenly feel like new frames but want to spend a little less than 30k, which is around how much the past three frames I've bought from Globe Specs have been, 

The mastermind behind the Harajuku sneaker empire - Text Trading, the company that started it all

It's an interview with a dude who run the Atmos / Chapter franchinese. Good read

http://www.senken.co.jp/news/company-news/texttradingcompany-honmyohidefumi-2015/

Edited by herpsky

Anyone have eyeglass shop recommendations? Either used or new? Something on the cheaper side, though. I suddenly feel like new frames but want to spend a little less than 30k, which is around how much the past three frames I've bought from Globe Specs have been, 

SOLAKZADE has an incredible selection of vintage eyewear, it's not your day to day stuff but really cool and worth checking out

Kind of hidden location, orange building with downstairs staircase on Omotesando st by the kind(al)

http://solakzade.com/

also, facial index nyc and optician lloyd. and of course, hakusan. 

actually, isetan's top floor has a sick selection of ridiculously awesome imported glasses. 

their service, needless to say, is top notch. also, if you are asian and have a little bit of time, they can embed floating nosepads into imported wypipo cell frames for free.

Edited by herpsky