japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

• 2 weeks later...

yo, i'll be in tokyo for a portion of those dates. for the first part i'm staying at tokyu stay in shibuya which i'm guessing is cheaper than the granbell (3 stars vs 4) - seems to have consistently good reviews on tripadvisor/expedia/agoda etc.

Edited by conqueror

yo, i'll be in tokyo for a portion of those dates. for the first part i'm staying at tokyu stay in shibuya which i'm guessing is cheaper than the granbell (3 stars vs 4) - seems to have consistently good reviews on tripadvisor/expedia/agoda etc.

tokyu stay shibuya or shibuya shinminamiguchi?

my friend usually stays at shinminami.  it seemed decent. it has washer/dryer and free meal and jonathan's i think.

it's right by that club that does reggaeton shit.

tokyu stay shibuya or shibuya shinminamiguchi?

my friend usually stays at shinminami.  it seemed decent. it has washer/dryer and free meal and jonathan's i think.

it's right by that club that does reggaeton shit.

na, the first one (http://www.tokyustay.co.jp/e/hotel/SIB/) - its an extra 10min walk to the jr station but had significantly better reviews. i was going to book at the sunroute plaza in shinjuku for the second leg (10 nights as opposed to 6 at tokyu stay).

edit: hmm, shinminamiguchi is only 3000Y cheaper than sunroute which is surprising. i'll prob stick with sunroute for pt 2, last time i stayed at century southern tower but i don't wanna spend that much this time around.

Edited by conqueror

both are fine. actually, any tokyu stay location is fine. On personal trips I try to stay there. The rooms aren't big, but are clean and well equipped with washer and dryer.

i wouldnt stay in shinjuku at all. i don't know why all these tourists think it's a good idea. 

i suppose chuo line is more accessible but yamanote line is so convenient that it only adds like a couple of minutes if you are coming from elsewhere...

i wouldnt stay in shinjuku at all. i don't know why all these tourists think it's a good idea. 

i suppose chuo line is more accessible but yamanote line is so convenient that it only adds like a couple of minutes if you are coming from elsewhere...

sunroute plaza is like a 2min walk to jr shinjuku, southern tower is 30 seconds max.

bacon not scrump. 

tokyu gotanda is p nice. free breakfast at jonathan downstairs.

streamer's got famous because it was one of the OG "fancy" coffee shops in tokyo. it probs blew up bc one of the baristas was a world latte art champion, and all the oshanti industry folks started going. 

coffee in jland p pathetic. i live in a woat city but the coffee (at a fancy coffee shop near me) here is far better than anything i've had in tokyo.

Edited by herpsky

i'm not there until oct but since the thread is fairly active right now - what are the 3 best joints for burgs and coffee (even if it pales to stuff in the states)? i haven't been in jp since 2009 so i'm presuming stuff has changed since then.

edit: travelling solo but i'll have no qualms with ordering multiple shit off the menu.

Edited by conqueror

For coffee I've recently tried the following places (ranked best to worst):

The Roastery

Omotesando Koffee

Fuglen

Coutume

For coffee I've recently tried the following places (ranked best to worst):

The Roastery

Omotesando Koffee

Fuglen

Coutume

They p lame too. 

I liked Sarutahiko (it's now totally KAG'd out and line too long) and Amamelia. 

Edited by herpsky